anyone bedline the interior

1morebike

Adventurer
i have 1990 montero 4 door and the carpet was gross, i took the carpet out yesterday thinking i would get it seam cleaned and then put it back in. the carpet is dead i mean its super gross and stiff. so i was thinking of bead lining the whole inside, my brother has a honda element and i like the no carpet easy to clean idea. i found ale liner makes a product called hnr and its sound deadener and heat shield that you spray on then beeline over http://www.alsliner.com/alsHNR I'm just wondering if anyone has done the vehicle and how it turned out.

thanks

docdave

Aspiring overlander
I Rhinolined my CJ7, and am very happy with it, easy to clean out, floor plugs readily removable, and it wears well too. It seems a bit quieter than the carpet pack I removed, and much quieter than bare. Sometimes I wonder how it would be lined inside and out.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
I've had the interior on my FJ40 line for 13 years now, I'd do it again tomorrow. It lacks the refinement and aesthetics of carpet but it cleans so easy you don't hesitate to climb in with muddy boots. That said I wouldn't do something similar to a Tacoma or similar if that makes sense.

1morebike

Adventurer
I've had the interior on my FJ40 line for 13 years now, I'd do it again tomorrow. It lacks the refinement and aesthetics of carpet but it cleans so easy you don't hesitate to climb in with muddy boots. That said I wouldn't do something similar to a Tacoma or similar if that makes sense.

its a 1990 montero 5sp with manual everything, I'm just going to do it. the plan is also to line the outside this summer...who cares about resale i mean its 1990 montero after all and i love it.

IKE2013

Observer
Oh yeah, I used the Herculiner kit. It did a '11 4 door Jeep complete interior. I love it. I did learn on my TJ trade, to keep the carpet handy, dealers like carpet. The Herculiner was easy and turned out great. It is great to pull the plugs and get a hose to clean out the interior, no worries when it rains or the kids spill something. Plan on making your body plugs if you don't have them. Buy the plugs and then make your holes in the low spots. There was more interior noise, but hey it's a Jeep. I plan on doing the same thing to the Jeep Commander one day.

cruiseroutfit

^^Great feedback Kurt! Heat and Noise issues?

If anything it insulates a bit of heat and noise both directions.

its a 1990 montero 5sp with manual everything, I'm just going to do it. the plan is also to line the outside this summer...who cares about resale i mean its 1990 montero after all and i love it.

Gotcha, I was just relating to my vehicles. I'd rock it on an early Montero too.

1morebike

Adventurer
If anything it insulates a bit of heat and noise both directions.

Gotcha, I was just relating to my vehicles. I'd rock it on an early Montero too.

sweet. thanks for advice? did you just go straight bed liner? I'm going to use the al's hnr first then bed line...ill keep you guys updated.

1morebike

Adventurer
i see your point but wonder if after it cures has the methyl isocyanate evaporated? i have good respirator as i do a lot of finishing work and i plan to roll it on as opposed to spraying. ill have to do some more research but totally thanks for pointing it out.

cruiseroutfit

That stuff has one of the most hideousness chemicals know to man in it. Jump in a hot vehicle parked in the sun and your exposed. The worst part is that you may be fine but some people have dramatic life long injury's from it. Steer clear. It's one of the really bad chemicals. http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/toxfaqs/tf.asp?id=629&tid=116

Any links to a correlation between bedliner and illness? First I have ever heard of this. I can fully understand the dangers of those in or near manufacturing and application of the chemicals but after it is dry and cured?

Shocker

VanDOOM!
That stuff has one of the most hideousness chemicals know to man in it. Jump in a hot vehicle parked in the sun and your exposed. The worst part is that you may be fine but some people have dramatic life long injury's from it. Steer clear. It's one of the really bad chemicals. http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/toxfaqs/tf.asp?id=629&tid=116

Do you know which formulations use it? I looked at the Monstaliner MSDS and it doesn't show Methyl Isocyanates.

01tundra

Explorer
I had the floor of my old Tundra coated by Line-X.

It picked very little noise and heat transfer, the durability and ease of maintenance was well worth it to me. I really liked it.

cagemount1_zpse41edd47.jpg

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
Any links to a correlation between bedliner and illness? First I have ever heard of this. I can fully understand the dangers of those in or near manufacturing and application of the chemicals but after it is dry and cured?

I'd call the manufactures number printed on the msds sheet. You will avoid the sales and marketing group that way. California is banning that crap in favor of water based products. Breathing it in a hot vehicle is defiantly out of its outdoor recommended use so no matter what is in your product it I would want to know. Personally I think it makes it too hot inside when running down the road. Insulation and carpet are used for a reason. The best reason to use care is lined out in this thread. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=18595&pagenumber=1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles