Purchased an Expedition G Wagen

McBride

Adventurer
William, my good man!

I can understand if you go crazy on those portals and a set of bead lock wheels for G-Ronnie! Even if you don't, you have a rig which need not envy anything out there! Enjoy it in good health, my friend!

i will read through more carefully what's happened to G-Ronnie shortly. I've been off line, but I'm back for a while, at least.

keep on overlanding!

Capo!!!!

Great to hear from you. I hope you have been out adventuring, traveling and having fun. Either that or you are slammed with work. Any way I hope life is good. Last I heard you were heading to fish in Spain.

Can't wait to hear some stories.

Also, I've been wondering how the boat did. Please do tell. And how are your G's?

Ahh. Portals and Hutchinson's. I keep up hope.

William

McBride

Adventurer
G-Ronimo turns 20,000 miles

Update.

G-Ronimo flipped the 20K mile mark this week. Unfortunately he hasn't been out on the trail since the trip to the Expo in May. My wife broke her leg in a bad way two months ago (plates and screws) and so adventuring hasn't been a priority.

She is healing well so I look forward to getting out as much as possible before the snows arrive. It is an El Niño year here in NM so if history proves correct we might have a decent winter.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
At first I scanned your post and thought you had flipped it, LOL! Phew!!
I hope your wife heals quickly. All the best to her from the G Family!

McBride

Adventurer
At first I scanned your post and thought you had flipped it, LOL! Phew!!
I hope your wife heals quickly. All the best to her from the G Family!

Thanks Jeremy. Much appreciated. She has always been a super physically active and mentally tough person and she is plowing along thru the healing process. Frustrated but positive.

I plan on a long life of adventures with the camper. We are just getting warmed up!

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Thanks Jeremy. Much appreciated. She has always been a super physically active and mentally tough person and she is plowing along thru the healing process. Frustrated but positive.

I plan on a long life of adventures with the camper. We are just getting warmed up!

Certainly! Fantastic, what a superb attitude.
Yahoo, can't wait to see more!! :)

johnnieutah

Very nice Rig...

I saw that you mentioned rumbling around in the backroads of New Mexico. I live in Texas and Im looking for some places like that to travel and explore.

Would you mind recommending any of those back roads/places to travel in Nex Mexico? Thanks.

McBride

Adventurer
I saw that you mentioned rumbling around in the backroads of New Mexico. I live in Texas and Im looking for some places like that to travel and explore.

Would you mind recommending any of those back roads/places to travel in Nex Mexico? Thanks.

Absolutely! To help me suggest a route/area I should probably know a few things.

What kind of vehicle would you be driving? What is your fuel range? Are you interested in mostly dirt? Any city visits?
How many days? What time of year?

New Mexico is the 5th largest state in the US and we only have a population of 2 million people. As such there are some incredibly remote areas and most of the state can be covered via dirt roads. It is a backcountry adventurers paradise, especially if you like solitude and enchanting landscape.

I'll wait to hear back.

William

McBride

Adventurer
No tires on the roof pics

I took the tires off the roof today in order to include them into the tire rotation.

I was interested to see how it felt while driving without the tire weight (150#) on the roof. I noticed a difference and it was quite positive. That kind of bums me out because now I have to design and fabricate an alternative to the roof mount spares; probably a single spare off the rear.

I also kind of like the look without the spares on the roof. I can make a light rack for that space and use it for light items and a fixed solar panel.

Here are a few pics.

William

Attachments

• No tires 002.JPG
    No tires 002.JPG
    189.8 KB · Views: 66
  • No tires 004.JPG
    No tires 004.JPG
    183.1 KB · Views: 67
  • No tires 005.JPG
    No tires 005.JPG
    195.8 KB · Views: 69
  • No tires 009.JPG
    No tires 009.JPG
    198.1 KB · Views: 68
  • No tires 012.JPG
    No tires 012.JPG
    183.7 KB · Views: 67
  • No tires 014.JPG
    No tires 014.JPG
    189.4 KB · Views: 66

McBride

Adventurer
William, I think a pair of 50cal machine guns would like smart up there. ;)

That was my first thought, seriously. The problem is that I only have one. Furthermore, snagging trees and local law enforcement might be an issue.

Please keep in mind that the objective is to reduce weight aloft!

One of my clients already refers to G-ronimo as the "Battle Wagen".

That cracks me up. It's my camper!

McBride

Adventurer
Actually a mini-gun would be sweet.

While I would love to have one just for the challenge and pleasure of cleaning it, I'm not at all interested in filling out the paper work. Those things are insane! Not sure how it would make my camping experience better; other than more fun and traffic would likely part like the Red Sea.

McBride

Adventurer
LED lights

One of the items on my list is forward and rear LED exterior lighting to replace the vintage Hella and PIAA lights.

I have recent experience with Rigid products. They seem to be quality products but are pricey.

Any other experience based suggestions?

Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles