Honda Crossroad

Landy4x4

Yep.... it's not a joke ... built in 1993 to 1998

6.jpg

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
Honda's partnership with Land Rover during that time period was crafted so that Honda could gain "big SUV" technology and Land Rover could gain small car technology... supposedly the first generation CRV and first generation Freelander started life on the drafting table together and were co-developed during the early stages (until the partnership dissolved around 1998)

Edit: The Crosstour as seen above was exclusively sold in Japan

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
Pretty goofy truck for sure, I remember laughing pretty hard the first time I saw a photo.

At least they changed up enough to avoid confusion...
hondacrossroad-1.jpg

Blueboy

Adventurer
Lived in Tokyo during that time period and will always remember the first time I saw one of those.

Had a '96 D1 RHD at the time at did a triple take when seeing it on the highway.

Asked the LR dealer what was going on and they explained the cooperation.

Still was very strange feeling when seeing a Honda badge on it.

Of course having a RHD D1 in Japan also was pretty strange in itself.

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
Sort of like the Japanese version of the North American Honda Passport / Isuzu Trooper

Blueboy

Adventurer
how dare Honda put their name on something so unreliable

the 96 D1 I had in Japan was really reliable actually.

we drove it everywhere including some mild off-highway driving around Mt Fuji and on the beaches.

the LR dealer also was the most compentent one with whom I have ever dealt.

tacr2man

Adventurer
how dare Honda put their name on something so unreliable :)

I know your tongue in cheek , but it is said so often, I sometimes feel the need to reply , to redress the balance , I ordered a 3.5 V8 Discovery in November 0f 89 two weeks after the UK launch , which my father used , I went overland to Australia , and the vehicle was delivered in march 90 . I returned for holiday to Uk in 2003 and drove the car towing a caravan down thru France , Germany etc
for a month . My father sold the car in 2007 , in the time he owned it , apart from consumables eg brake pads , tyres exhaust. He had to renew one aircon pipe , and fit a clutch slave cylinder . The car never let him down at any point . JMHE

Eniam17

Adventurer
I completely agree , I have had everything from an 89 rr classic, 97 discovery, current lr3, 08 range rover, and they have all been some of the most reliable vehicles I've ever had, and not to mention the absolute best combination of on and off road performance. My comment was a complete joke as the forums are so frequently filled with rover bashing regarding reliability, especially vs Japanese makes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94