Baofeng UV5R "Builder Brackets"

Kiddmen57

Supporting Sponsor
Apparently the postal service increased rates and stopped electronic shipping discounts. So the rate increased above $6. I'm going to hold the $6 shipping on this batch and will look into alternative methods for the next round.

dpoisson

Wow! These are amazing! Kudos to you for coming up with a great design.

I had some question for you.
Are these heavy?
I don't want anything that will destroy anything in the car and that can easily be moved from one vehicule to the other, so I was thinking of going with an air vent install of some sort...I'm just not sure how to do that. Any idea of it can be done with the RAM ball you speak of?

Thanks!

David

Kiddmen57

Supporting Sponsor
Are these heavy?
I don't want anything that will destroy anything in the car and that can easily be moved from one vehicule to the other, so I was thinking of going with an air vent install of some sort...I'm just not sure how to do that. Any idea of it can be done with the RAM ball you speak of?

The brackets weigh about 3-4 ounces. Not sure how to mount to an air vent or fit the vent is stout enough to hold the radio weight. You might be able to cannibalize a vent clip cell phone mount, though that would cost a bit more $$$.

Yarjammer

Wellreadneck
Wow! These are amazing! Kudos to you for coming up with a great design.

I had some question for you.
Are these heavy?

Thanks!

David

Look into a RAM seat mount. It mounts to your passenger seat floor bolt and has an "arm" that comes up from there that you could mount this on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier