After an exhaustive search, can someone direct me to a build.....

That's ok, if it was angle, I would be all over your idea, I think i will ultimately get a Ruger, I called Steve and liked what I heard. Do it right once is the right way to do it I guess

Hardcore Metal Detectors
Multi Line Dealer

PM me on Tapatalk to learn more

Last edited:

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
Don't know if it has a thread here on ExPo, but when someone says 'utility trailer build' this one always comes to mind for me - http://forum.ih8mud.com/trailer-tech/561416-utility-trailer-project.html

7e_zps12a2e80b.jpg~original

7c_zps45dfce3d.jpg~original

7f_zpsc86ff77f.jpg~original

7b_zps2a1c581c.jpg~original

7d_zpsa383640b.jpg~original

7a_zpsd7f717e7.jpg~original

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
Besides making a platform for a rooftop tent, just adding the upright framework (as shown above) to a utility trailer could allow a canvas topper to be thrown over the entire thing for an 'instant' cabin-style tent up off the ground.
The canvas could be one piece fitted to the entire trailer (probably rather cumbersome) or the top and sides could be done separately with the top piece overlapping the tops of the side panels for some weather-resistance.
Also having separate side panels would allow them to be rolled up and there could be screen panels underneath them. Yeah, I've thought about this some...

Thanks SWITAWI, very cool, I have made the decision to purchase a ruger trailer instead of building one. Since I am neither mechanical or tool laden, I figure since information was scarce so new May be better in my case.

------------------------------------------------------
Hardcore Metal Detectors
Multi Line Dealer

PM me on Tapatalk to learn more

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior