2014 Yamaha WR250R

Cody1771

Explorer
You are making a good case for having a smaller dual sport. Enjoying your updates and trip report..

Yes, the more I use it the more of a case I make for myself, I still find myself missing the bigger bike. I May have to get back into a KLR in the future for longer trips, or maybe even something like a sport touring bike. but for now I am very happy with it. one more picture, something else I Love doing! the rod is an older Eagle claw 6 wt. rod that breaks down into 12" length pieces that fit inside a nice aluminum tube. the net folds down to about 18" long and can fit inside a 2" pvc pipe. all my gear can fit inside a small backpack or even my camel back.
Untitled by Cody Mac, on Flickr

T.Low

Expedition Leader
From what I've seen, it's the best enduro in its class. Great performance specs for its class. I think it's 0-60 mph times are still 7.5 sec or something, even though it's a 300 pounder with only , what 30 hp?

I ride single track with a guy on a Yamaha 450 4stroke and just assumed it was the bigger version of what you have, but you're saying there is no bigger version. He's plated. I don't pretend to know all the model letters.

But I am curious as to why you picked the 250 over the 450 4 stroke?

Cody1771

Explorer
From what I've seen, it's the best enduro in its class. Great performance specs for its class. I think it's 0-60 mph times are still 7.5 sec or something, even though it's a 300 pounder with only , what 30 hp?

I ride single track with a guy on a Yamaha 450 4stroke and just assumed it was the bigger version of what you have, but you're saying there is no bigger version. He's plated. I don't pretend to know all the model letters.

But I am curious as to why you picked the 250 over the 450 4 stroke?

In some states down south of us you can put plates on a 450F, but if I wanted a dirt bike I would have chosen the KTM, I wanted a bike with 5000km oil changes, 26000km valvecheck ect. not 30 hour oil changes. you can't get a street legal Yamaha Wr450F here in BC and they don't make an R version.

Cody1771

Explorer
Had Great weekend up in Hope, loaded our bikes into his truck and bombed up there (much easier on the highway than a 250cc ditbike)

As soon as we got there we unloaded the bikes, and we all burned up the the US border to check out the lake up there, since non of us had ever been, WOW what a site! i need to go camping there sometime!

it was a pretty great weekend all in all! I got a flat heading back from the lake and had to load my bike into Marks truck, i damaged the tire and tube pretty good and since no powersport shops are open sunday or monday i ended up leaving it at his place, i footed it back over on tuesday and got them to swap out to a new tire/tube. i am going to Run a DOT trials tire for the time being, they are supposed to be pretty amazing off road but i don't see them lasting long on the highway!

also, i got my case saver kit installed today! much stronger and looks pretty good!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles