How do you carry your chain saw

Mowgli

Supporting Sponsor
a permanent mounting? Really? You Paul Bunyan or something?

The trunk is already taken up by my lab so most camping stuff gets put onto the back seat along with the rear cargo rack so a wanted a way to mount it on the side of the rack and keep it out of the cab

craig333

Expedition Leader
Stihl case also, tied down. I haven't tried it but I really don't think my phone will be of much help getting a downed log off the road.

1stDeuce

Explorer
If you want an outside rack mount, there are several bar clamp systems that work well. Do a search for chainsaw rack mount or something like that. Lots of guys on ATV's and motorcycles with bar clamp mounts holding the saw.

www.sawgrip.com has some good options using the bar clamp style. If an ATV can't break the bar off, you've got nothing to worry about carrying it on a rack on your vehicle! :)

UHAULER

Explorer
I use this on my bike to clear trail. You can ride as hard as you want with the saw on there. A similar bracket could be used for a vehicle.

sawrack2.jpgsawrack4.jpgsawrack7.jpg

Wainiha

Explorer
Plastic chainsaw case lashed down when needed. No permanent mount.

The case is bulky, but it also carries the tool for swapping and adjusting chains. Two wedges, as well as a spare chain and sharpener.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier