Inexpensive ARB IPF 968s got a new lease on life with the 35w HID conversion

stioc

Expedition Leader
The last two pages of my build thread have more details on the whys and hows but wanted to post a couple of comparison pics here.

The test was done by parking the truck on a dark dirt trail, first with the OEM low-beams (that have Philips XtremePower bulbs that made a very noticeable improvement over OEM) and the next with the IPF 968s converted to 35W HIDs.

This is all I would be seeing with the OEM headlights about 60-80ft directly in front of me. This will probably allow me to go 10-15mph max because any more would be dangerous in case there's a big rut, washout or a cow just beyond the headlights:
62275021-F116-4211-81B1-4754389B607D_zpsrbs98je3.jpg

Here's what I would see with the IPFs on, pretty good distance but also good peripheral vision:
AEC0824F-3F1A-417F-82EA-80FE86159942_zpsjwvrvqgg.jpg

stioc

Expedition Leader
DDM tuning 35w, it shipped directly from China and took about 3 weeks around the holiday season.

stioc

Expedition Leader
:Wow1: thanks for the heads up- I'll have to keep an eye on mine. However, I don't think their kit were designed for off-road use so we'll see how mine holds up. Is there another better/higher quality kit available out there in case this one bites the dust (pun intended)?

Inyo_man

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
Just as someone in the linked post suggested...this company is using sand as a heat sink in that product.
Wow!

mikekey

Deplorable
I've had DDM's slim ballasts for over 2 years with no issues, including use all over Utah. I've generally avoided the larger Raptor's which are actually not DDM's, just sold by them, and drop shipped from China.

stioc

Expedition Leader
Good to know Mike. DDM Tuning have been around as far back as I can remember, I've also used their kit in my motorcycle for several years without any issues either.

The ones I got are also slim ballasts but they shipped from China...as with most things nowadays. They were nicely packaged and everything so hoping they'll last. We shall see - so far at least the output from these speaks for itself and for $30 I can't complain.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I'm now 6 years on my vvme.com hid systems. Had one bulb go out. That's it. When I order a kit now I buy one replacement ballast and bulb. So to have a spare.

Sent from my A210 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94