With a Little Moxie: 3 Kids, a Pug and some pretty huge dreams

withalittlemoxie

alittlemoxie
Hey everyone,

I don't think we started a thread yet - but I'll try and keep it going - is there an RSS to add here, I wonder? To automatically update?

Well, we are more than 2 months in. We left the San Francisco Bay Area on October 2 and headed north to say goodbye to family and take care of final truck testing and stuff. It all ended up taking waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay longer than planned and we left mid-November, south.

We are in Baja now. We've been here since December 1, just moving really, really slowly.

And who are "we" anyway?! Right. "We" are Mike & Meriah, and then our 3 kids (aged 5, 3 and 1). We also have a pug, named Pugsily. Our truck is called Myrtle the Turtle.

We are homeschooling ("roadschooling"), working with PT/ST (our daughter Moxie has Down syndrome) and we are changing a whole lot of diapers. We'd love to meet other families and anyone else who can deal with little kids!

Our blog is: With a Little Moxie

Latest posts are on Tecolote:

Tecolote, the Happy-Making Space of Splashilicious Delight
and
Random Digs

Thanks for tuning in - we are really looking forward to getting to know everyone and being a part of this community

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
I wrote this post after we were present in a terrible car accident. http://www.withalittlemoxie.com/blog/life-changed-road-baja-night/. we went by this weekend and unfortunately, there is a new shrine where the car rolled over.

sigh.

So sorry you had to witness that. I've been in my share of, and seen my share of accidents. It certainly changed my perspective:

-Buy and drive the biggest, safest car you can afford.
-Be keenly aware of on-coming traffic on an un-divided road.
-Always, always wear your seatbelt.
-Never drive tired. Pull over -Sleep. Take a break and caffinate. Wake your spouse and have them drive. Whatever works.
-Maintain your steering and brakes like your life depended on them. (Cuz they do)

Even with all that covered, the Lord has a plan for all of us, and sometimes there nothing we can do to change things. I can only think that the Lord called up to heaven those that perished in the crash, and for those that are left behind and who witnessed it, my prayer is that they would take something positive away. Maybe you hugged your family closer. Maybe you take things a bit less for granted.

Anyways, I'm glad you and your family are safe. DO NOT let it dissuade you from your travels.

Blessings!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz