Coleman camp oven?

RAFoutdoors

Retired Explorer
We have used one for years. My wife and daughters used it to make pizzas and then biscuits. We have made cinnamon rolls for breakfast and corn bread to have with chili. Folds up small and takes little space. We use it with a Coleman propane stove.

preacherman

Explorer
We love ours!

A cooking tip: since 100% of the heat comes from the bottom, the top of what you are cooking will not brown until the bottom is almost burnt. You have to slightly change your plan for watching when it's done. Keep an eye on that and you are good to go.

We have made pizzas on the rim on the Grand Canyon, cookies in canyonlands, muffins in colorado, egg rolls in new Mexico, cinnamon rolls just about everywhere and cobbler in big bend. We never leave home without it.

jet noise

Observer
I use mine a lot. I put a square ceramic tile in the bottom to make indirect heat. Keeps the bottoms from burning!

GregSplett

Adventurer
I use mine a lot. I put a square ceramic tile in the bottom to make indirect heat. Keeps the bottoms from burning!

I just used mine for biscuits and cinnamon rolls and had the same experience.Told the wife we need to find a tile to put on the bottom.I figure it will stabilize the temp a bit too?

Otherwise we love it.You have to tend it as i found the temp to wander around a bit.works good for warming prepared food to.I am going to find another raccck also and use it for keeping things warm while preparing the meal.Worth every penny.

Scoutn79

Adventurer
I use one to make biscuits and rolls. They work fine but loose heat quick. I am going to get some fire resistant insulating fabric and make a tent for the oven but leave the door area open. I use aluminum foil now and it helps keep the heat in but it could be beter.

Darrell

wsswesty

Observer
Made Bisuits Last Weekend

I love the oven! I covered the Top with foil and it helped keep the oven hot.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    403 KB · Views: 119

coop74

Old Camping Dude
A little treat in the woods...

Big Coop
d2f11d980d022173bef1c68cecc887aa.jpg

Big Coop

huachuca

Adventurer
Big Coop, next time we're in Nantahala, you're invited to come over and fix those for breakfast (or dinner dessert, if that fits your schedule better). Look great.

coop74

Old Camping Dude
Big Coop, next time we're in Nantahala, you're invited to come over and fix those for breakfast (or dinner dessert, if that fits your schedule better). Look great.

Thank you. They were good. We, my son and I, fixed those from scratch, as well as apple cobbler for the our club, East TN Overlander's for our club training weekend last week.

When we camp, we eat well!!!

Happy Joe

Apprentice Geezer
I suspect that the Coleman ovens are not compatible with induction cooktops/"burners") but has anyone actually tried them (with the auxiliary heating plate for non compatible cookware)?
...trying to decide whether to switch to induction for camping...
Enjoy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles