DefconBrix | Military Inspired Overland Build

MJCake1

I am a prior Marine and am building this with tons of re-purposed military items as well a wrapping the entire truck in camo. The interior is getting re-upholstered in vintage military canvas also. This is all happening within the next couple months. So the "inspired" part is coming.
Cool, Semper fi Devil Dog!
When were you in, where were you stationed, mos?
84-88 Cmp Lejeune, 2nd Mar. Div. HQ Battalion, Comm Co. Mux Plt.
10 Marines HQ Regiment.
Okinawa, Cmp. Foster 3rd Marine Reg. 2531, PMI.
Ruff!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

MJCake1

I am a prior Marine and am building this with tons of re-purposed military items as well a wrapping the entire truck in camo. The interior is getting re-upholstered in vintage military canvas also. This is all happening within the next couple months. So the "inspired" part is coming.
You mean Once a Marine, still a Marine!😄

MJCake1

Update on the interior:

Katzkin Tuscany Leather with Perforated Suede
Degreez heated and cooled seat options to make those hot summers and cold winters a little more pleasant.

IMG_9944.jpg

IMG_9943.jpg

IMG_9942.jpg

IMG_9940.jpg
I am sold, how they wearing?

MJCake1

I need to get on the ball on the wrap design for sure!

Kryptek would be so sweet!

I want to wrap the whole truck in a solid matte color and then have the camo come in at random areas like a 3/4 camo fill (this is what I am trying to get figured out).
That would look good. I was thinking a camo wrap also but when I saw pictures of other trucks I thought it just looks a little too busy for me. Digital desert and realtree camos anyway.
Maybe a partial snow/uploadfromtaptalk1453498187975.jpgwoodland look since mine is black and white.

MJCake1

Anyone else stoked for the Superbowl?!
I was just in Scottsdale AZ when the Patriots landed but couldn't talk my wife into extending our trip and dropping a few thousand on tickets :(

Regardless stoked to watch the Seahawks OWN the Patriots!

IMG_039016.jpg
Go Seahawks!
Wow, this truck is done RIGHT!! Just perfect. I really like it with the cover on the back. This thing is a BEAST!!

Redman333

Adventurer
MJcake you blasted this thread like my grandma does my Facebook after not being on in three months with liking every photo and commenting on random photos from a months ago lol

By the way Semper Fi to you both brothers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tgreening

Expedition Leader
What do you think of the Bullydog tuner? Their website is about as useful as tits on a boar hog when it comes to info about the actual performance gains. Worth the money or no? IYO of course.

Redman333

Adventurer
Hey are you planning on going to the overland expo east this year?

Also I am looking at the tacoma for another expo vehicle. It'll be used but the same generation as yours. what models or features should I look for in your opinion. Wanting to build it similar to yours.

iamjorgeedward

Hey are you planning on going to the overland expo east this year?

Also I am looking at the tacoma for another expo vehicle. It'll be used but the same generation as yours. what models or features should I look for in your opinion. Wanting to build it similar to yours.

He's active on tacomaworld.com.....message him there or Instagram @defconbrix .... He's made a ton of updates/changes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior