DefconBrix | Military Inspired Overland Build

Box Rocket

Very slick looking. Unfortunately it's asking for more attention than is good for overlanding.

Something tells me he's not concerned with attracting attention. :) I don't mean that in a bad way. I guess I need to keep my eyes open for this thing around Utah.

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
How did you run the power through the roof for your Rigid 40"?

Currently I just ran the power down the channel of the front windshield - I am doing the correct job when I re-upholster the interior. At that time I will be running the power through the roof/headliner and down the driver side pillar.

I will be posting this process when I tackle it.

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
Curious what military inspired means?

I am a prior Marine and am building this with tons of re-purposed military items as well a wrapping the entire truck in camo. The interior is getting re-upholstered in vintage military canvas also. This is all happening within the next couple months. So the "inspired" part is coming.

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
I'm wondering if those are fake beadlocks?

These are "fake" headlocks - 17" Method Standard with OMF phase 5 rings.
I just bought the Method 105 "real" beadlocks though and are mounted on 35's - these will be installed in a couple weeks.

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
The build is excellent. I love seeing other trucks on here built with a more high-speed performance suspension setup. How much weight do you expect to save with the new aluminum front bumper?

I should save at least 50 lbs - I should have the official weight this week though when it comes in. I will keep you posted.

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
Very slick looking. Unfortunately it's asking for more attention than is good for overlanding.

lol Thanks for the honest critique.
I am only 2-3 months into this build with so much more coming!
I can assure you I use this truck and is now trailer or pavement queen.
I do however take pride in my vehicle and keep it clean and try to only put the best parts on it.

Attention is absolutely important on this build as after it is wrapped it will be displayed at shows and military charity events - this DOES NOT take away from its overlanding function in any way though. Again, remember this build has just begun lol

Keep an eye on the build and you might see what I am talking about ;-)

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
I agree with Eric. I have never thought along those lines. I guess it depends where you travel.

I like the truck. One question. What is the military part? Simply a "Go prepared" plan?

Check the response I gave Eric and Scott.

Thanks for following along!

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
Awesome to finally see a build of everything you've done to your rig. All I had previously seen was the obvious stuff visible in the pics I've posted on yotamafia. You've got some great work in there and can't wait to see the military inspired wrap you have coming?

Thanks bro!
I almost have the wrap done.. I will be posting the render and wrap towards the end of the month.

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
So many are asking what "Military Inspired" means.. Fair question since this build just started.

These are vintage military parachute bags that are going to be re-purposed into seat covers for the front and rear and headliner.

This will serve a few purposes:
* Protecting my stock fabric while on dirty adventures
* Giving the interior of the truck a military look and feel and will match the outside of the vehicle when wrapped
* This will also help bring attention the truck when its on display at charity events

IMG_3238.jpgIMG_3239.jpg

woods247

Observer
Currently I just ran the power down the channel of the front windshield - I am doing the correct job when I re-upholster the interior. At that time I will be running the power through the roof/headliner and down the driver side pillar.

I will be posting this process when I tackle it.

Thank you. I look forward to seeing your interior build.

daddyusmaximus

Explorer
I'm jealous of your "Military Inspired" build. My wife stood by me for the last 18 of my 28 years in, yet she won't let me "army up" my truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier