DefconBrix | Military Inspired Overland Build

all I have to ask is, What do you do now? lol! I've got 14 and some change in the AF. Dont know if I'm going to make it past 15, we'll see in a month or two. but I know I will be headed back up to Utah if I don't make it! Great build! makes me want another Tacoma again!

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
Damn! After first seeing your truck on Instagram and now following the build, it's really making me want a tacoma instead of my jeep! Great work, it keeps getting better and better.

Thanks for following along!! I really appreciate it! Both Toyotas and Jeeps are cool depending on what the overall purpose is.

Military inspired? Devil Dog you don't have a hair on your *** if you won't put a pintle mount on it.

Very nice build.

The military touches are coming ;)
I have had a pintle hitch before and hated it - too loud and jerky. I currently have a standard 2" ball until my custom Max Coupler comes in. But in Moab and actually shocked at how good a 2" ball performs actually.

Trailer looks good too. Info in it? Military hitch would be best...

See above comment lol The pintle style military hitch I didn't like at all on my last trailer. New Max Coupler is on its way.

Want to share some info on your rifle?

This was actually my buddies Nemo that I tried stealing from him lol

all I have to ask is, What do you do now? lol! I've got 14 and some change in the AF. Dont know if I'm going to make it past 15, we'll see in a month or two. but I know I will be headed back up to Utah if I don't make it! Great build! makes me want another Tacoma again!

I do a lot of stuff lol I work at All-Pro Offroad now since December and it has really helped me focus on getting this build to where it is. I am also a photographer and designer but I don't have much time lately to tackle any personal projects let alone freelance.

You're so close to retirement, just stick it out!! Get a Tacoma and come bak to Utah to visit and lets go exploring!

I do a lot of stuff lol I work at All-Pro Offroad now since December and it has really helped me focus on getting this build to where it is. I am also a photographer and designer but I don't have much time lately to tackle any personal projects let alone freelance.

You're so close to retirement, just stick it out!! Get a Tacoma and come bak to Utah to visit and lets go exploring!

That's cool, yea I know but it's the whole HYT thing that might get me.....can't make it past 15 years as an E-5.....I studied wicked hard for the E-6 test this year, so we shall see how that goes! As for coming back to Utah no matter what happens I will be back! in the AF or not. I still might have the Land Rovers though. But we still can explore! I am down!

Sempertoy

Explorer
Hey bro, just read the first post again and noticed you were a leather neck. Semper fi brother. Your truck is looking awesome! I love it. Keep up the good work, rah!

Jon

Are Squared

I have had a pintle hitch before and hated it - too loud and jerky. I currently have a standard 2" ball until my custom Max Coupler comes in. But in Moab and actually shocked at how good a 2" ball performs actually.

I believe he means a pintle mount for a machine gun. Great looking truck, otherwise.Pintle Mounted MG.jpg

living still

Just looked through your build thread and saw the MTB, but no rack. Are you just tossing it in the back for now or do you have a more eloquent solution. I'm just asking because I routinely have both road bikes and MTBs in my truck and this continues to be a thorn in my plans for a RTT or Shell/Flippac. I've been considering a Yakima Spare Time, but want to minimize what hangs off the back.

4eigner

Observer
Just looked through your build thread and saw the MTB, but no rack. Are you just tossing it in the back for now or do you have a more eloquent solution. I'm just asking because I routinely have both road bikes and MTBs in my truck and this continues to be a thorn in my plans for a RTT or Shell/Flippac. I've been considering a Yakima Spare Time, but want to minimize what hangs off the back.

According to the pictures in his last post, he has a mount built atop of his trailer.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Love your rig.

Anyone with and Instagram account, I highly recommend you follow his page. He always posts pictures to drool over.

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma

I have the Thule Big Mouth mount on my Trailer. I do however need to figure out how I can more efficiently pack the wife's bike (I have another Thule rack for it) and my kids little chariot when I don't want to tow the trailer around. Probably will have to just keep tossing the them all in the bed of the truck though until I figure out how I want to mount these racks to my PackRack setup.

According to the pictures in his last post, he has a mount built atop of his trailer.

Stalker! lol just kidding, good eye!

Love your rig.

Anyone with and Instagram account, I highly recommend you follow his page. He always posts pictures to drool over.

Thank you so much for the love!! Instagram is definitely easier to keep "up-to-date" fast and easy.

wingysataday

Adventurer
looks good man. Love the truck. How did thos seat covers work out? I have some light canvas seat covers and they get quite hot in the summer and are not the comfy for long trips.

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
I haven't had a chance to tackle the seat covers yet but I have been reconsidering it lately. I did however just get a cover made for my PackRack using old military canvas - I'll get some pics posted soon.

I'm getting everything ready to head over to the Overland Expo.

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
My bed looks naked. Not used to seeing it without a shell or rack of some sort on it.

IMG_5791.jpg

My All-Pro PackRack is back from the canvas shop.
I had an old piece of military canvas fitted to be a shade cover with a side roll-up option to give it a more genuine military look and feel.

Photos of this will be coming in after the Overland Expo this weekend where my truck and trailer will be posted up in the CVT booth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior