DefconBrix | Military Inspired Overland Build

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
Maybe I missed it but what sort of MPG are you getting on the highway?

I currently still have the stock gears on... shakes head in shame ... and am averaging around 14 both city/hwy.

I have had the Nitro 4.88 gears and ARB lockers sitting in my garage for a few months now collecting dust waiting for the time to instal.

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
I havent dropped many new photos on here lately so here are a few to catch everyone up :D

Oregon Exploring
IMG_72171.jpg

Montana Exploring
IMG_7655.jpg

IMG_48741.jpg

IMG_54701.jpg

IMG_54891.jpg

Littlehouse

Adventurer
I can't stop coming back to this thread. So, what's your favorite set up on the truck?

Truck with shell, truck with rack, truck with shell and trailer, or Truck with rack and trailer?

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
I can't stop coming back to this thread. So, what's your favorite set up on the truck?

Truck with shell, truck with rack, truck with shell and trailer, or Truck with rack and trailer?

Thanks!!

That is not an easy question to answer all because I love each for certain reasons and seasonal.
Raining and Winter I love the ARE shell.
Summertime exploring I love the All-Pro PackRack which holds so many extras like hi-lift, awning etc.
Sometimes I run no "cover" just to be able to use the truck for truck purposes.

Each trip or adventure I go on usually dictates which set-up I will be using though. I don't really have a favorite, each has its purpose if that makes any sense.

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
Is that cover from All-Pro?

I had this cover made locally at a canvas shop using an old military tent I bought at a surplus store. All-Pro does want to start offering a cover for the PackRack similar to this (wouldn't go down all the way on the sides) in the future but likely a few months out from R&D on one.

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
How do you manage storing all the components? Do you have a lift in the garage?

Thanks!!

That is not an easy question to answer all because I love each for certain reasons and seasonal.
Raining and Winter I love the ARE shell.
Summertime exploring I love the All-Pro PackRack which holds so many extras like hi-lift, awning etc.
Sometimes I run no "cover" just to be able to use the truck for truck purposes.

Each trip or adventure I go on usually dictates which set-up I will be using though. I don't really have a favorite, each has its purpose if that makes any sense.

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
How do you manage storing all the components? Do you have a lift in the garage?

Just bought a new house a couple weeks ago and I will be installing a lift system on the ceiling in the garage... any recommendations on brand?

Currently I just store which ever is not being used across the bed of another truck I have (future restoration project).

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
what rod holder is that? rod and reel combo do you like too? I'm using G-loomis GLX & NRX Rods both with Shimano Stella's

It is the FrontRunner Outfitters rod holder.
I'm using a G-Loomis GL2 and a cheap reel — haven't pulled the trigger to upgrade it yet. This set-up works well, sometimes I wish the rod was collapsable though.

Bryan_FRO

Supporting Sponsor
I just recently started working for Front Runner and Steve has told me a lot about your truck. It's simply beautiful!

Bryan

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
I just recently started working for Front Runner and Steve has told me a lot about your truck. It's simply beautiful!

Bryan

Awesome! and thank you! I absolutely love FrontRunner! The whole team over there is simply amazing! Congrats on joining their team! I look forward to meeting you at some events!

Damn you two! Two of the company's I like in the industry. You two bums are working for them.! ;)

We are definitely blessed to be apart of this industry and working for some industry leading companies! Start pushing your resume out ;)

New User Name

Observer
Man, I have to tell you that your truck is an inspiration. I'm a Marine Vet too, and started working on an expedition rig as a way to get out and decompress a bit. My Discovery II was more trouble than it was worth, so now I have a Tacoma. (I want to camp, not worry, damnit.) A pack rack has the paint drying on it as we speak, and I'm drooling over everything else in the All Pro catalog. Let the guys at AP know that a military discount would be worth it's weight in gold, there are so many Tacomas and FJs on base that I literally cant get to the PX and back without running into three of them. Keep up the good work bro, and Semper.

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
Man, I have to tell you that your truck is an inspiration. I'm a Marine Vet too, and started working on an expedition rig as a way to get out and decompress a bit. My Discovery II was more trouble than it was worth, so now I have a Tacoma. (I want to camp, not worry, damnit.) A pack rack has the paint drying on it as we speak, and I'm drooling over everything else in the All Pro catalog. Let the guys at AP know that a military discount would be worth it's weight in gold, there are so many Tacomas and FJs on base that I literally cant get to the PX and back without running into three of them. Keep up the good work bro, and Semper.

Congrats on the Tacoma and I hear you on getting away and decompressing a bit. I'm the same way.

All-Pro make some good products for sure, they do offer a military discount for those that send in a copy of their ID — ask for Tracy when you give them a call.

I actually no longer with there though as of a couple of weeks ago.
I was offered a great opportunity with Rigid Industries and am incredibly excited about this move as I have been an believer and advocate of their products for years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94