Who's going to Overland Expo with hardside rigs?

Waltzing Matilda

Adventurer
Seems like someone posted a notice to organize the hardside campers last year.

I wasn't able to go in 2013, due to taking time off for a family wedding (ironically, in Flagstaff) the month before. Would like to go this year, but wondering who else is planning to attend and if, as last year, hardsiders will organize a group camp area?

It would be my first time at Expo, tho I've been camping/backpacking for decades. Thought it would be a good place to meet like minded camping folks and learn from some experts.

So....did I already miss the announcement, or can this be considered a call for attendees with similar rigs?

I look forward to hearing from others with truck campers who plan to attend, esp those with smaller ones like mine that are a challenge to set up for comfortable/efficient use of space.

Thanks!

socalctcamper

Observer
The fiancé and I are planing too, no hard side camper but I have a snug top on the silverado and a cargo trailer I'm out fitting to tow the bikes and gear.

Mundo4x4Casa

West slope, N. Ser. Nev.
It looks like Jeanie and I are going again. After OX 2014 we'll mush on to the North Rim for some quiet canyon watching.
We went to OX 2013 last year and met up with about 25 truck campers, hard and softsides from the RV.net TC forum. It was really, really worth it. We took the cheaper tour as we had no use for driving a Land rover or learning about winching techniques or how to get out of a bog with minimal help. We went to many of the excellent talks on full-timing, boondocking, Stealth camping, long term expedition-style camping, and many T.R.'s on folks who went thru the Gobi or the Sahara or around the world in RV's. Well worth it. Here is a link to my T.R. on OX 2013 at Mormon Lake, AZ.
http://forums.woodalls.com/Index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/26957852.cfm
http://forums.woodalls.com/Index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/26960416.cfm
http://forums.woodalls.com/Index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/26974414.cfm
If you do decide to come, try to get situated with the other TC's from the RV.net TC forum. A nice bunch of folks. I'm still surprised that no truck campers from the Expo Portal actually attended their namesake rendezvous.
I hope to see some of you there. You'll easily recognize me. I'm the one with the appliance white Lance camper on an appliance white Dodge pickup. 8<)
regards, as always, jefe

Last edited:

msiminoff

I am going!!!
I went to OX 2013 and camped with the truck camper group with Jefe (see post above)... It was awesome.
For OX 2014 Roseann has added several classes specifically for truck campers. I will be teaching a class called "Truck Camper Electrical Systems"
Hope to see you there!
Cheers,
Mark

motrhed

Observer
My wife and I will be there this year. Unfortunately we don't have enough time to drive so we are flying in, renting a car, and hoteling it in Flagstaff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94