<---Pass
Was that a 4runner in there?

Believe it was.

1546421_10152187031334201_992807275_n.jpg

Last edited:

Clutch

<---Pass
Are you starting to fall for FJ's??

Believe it or not, they are growing on me...they had a built up green one at the dealership for a bit, it wasn't that bad looking.

I don't know what happened this past year, but I have done an about face on a lot of things. I used to be wanting an old vehicle, 70's Ford F250 to be
exact...test drove a cherry one, it was perfect...needed nothing. I forgot how barbaric those things were, thought to myself I would be an idiot if I bought
this, all my yearnings for nostalgia went away after that test ride. Sure they are cool looking, and that is about it, nostalgia is best to be left in the past.

The '14 Tundra has definitely grown on me as well.

1247_1.jpg

ssmathis

Observer
Lots of people on the toyota forums are saying its just going to be stickers, rims and a badge. They are all hoping for an E locker but I think thats wishful thinking.

Trail Editions already have a rear e-locker so I would imagine this version would as well.

Mrknowitall

Adventurer
From what I see, this can go two ways- one is a high-trim package above the TRD Offroad and Trail packages, with a matching packet for the Tundra. it would have content like the TRD Baja TX Pro package. The naming convention would fit. The other would be more like the Rock Warrior package- available on SR grade trucks, but delivering with a few desirable upgrades. KORE developed a Fox shock application that yields almost a foot of front suspension travel. Together with some nice 33-34" tires and a preloaded helical LSD would make a nice package. Dwindling 4Runner sales could use any help they can get.
BOF SUV are on the bubble. I would not be surprised to see the Land Cruiser move to LX570 only, with a possible Prado (the GX 460 here) being sold under the Landcruiser name (like in Europe). The 4Runner could go down-market based on a lightly redressed Fortuner- It's going to be slim pickin's after 2014 for (non full-size) BOF SUV: FJC-gone. X-terra-gone. Pathfinder-gone last year. Maybe GM can relent and send us the new Trailblazer.

CDNTaco

Not sure if you are interested but take a look on the Toyota Canada website, toyota.ca. They are already advertising these for Tacos only.
Apparently (in Canada anyways), the TRD Pro is only available in the Access Cab and the TRD Sport is only available in the Double Cab.
Certainly wish they were more versatile because I would prefer the DC TRD Pro.
No info listed on the website about Tundras or 4Runners with these newly released TRD terms.

Clutch

<---Pass
Not sure if you are interested but take a look on the Toyota Canada website, toyota.ca. They are already advertising these for Tacos only.
Apparently (in Canada anyways), the TRD Pro is only available in the Access Cab and the TRD Sport is only available in the Double Cab.

Do they have list of what is added? Can't seem to find it. Is it like our Baja edition?

tacoma_trail_team_en.png

jeeps4fun

Adventurer
Believe it or not, they are growing on me...they had a built up green one at the dealership for a bit, it wasn't that bad looking.

I don't know what happened this past year, but I have done an about face on a lot of things. I used to be wanting an old vehicle, 70's Ford F250 to be
exact...test drove a cherry one, it was perfect...needed nothing. I forgot how barbaric those things were, thought to myself I would be an idiot if I bought
this, all my yearnings for nostalgia went away after that test ride. Sure they are cool looking, and that is about it, nostalgia is best to be left in the past.

The '14 Tundra has definitely grown on me as well.

1247_1.jpg

Like this post. Was wanting a older 7.3 ford till riding with my buddy. Loud, uncomfortable, just felt ?gruff? And his was in great condition and he takes care of his stuff.

Love the new Tundra. In 3 or 4 years maybe I will be able to afford a '14 lol

Clutch

<---Pass
Like this post. Was wanting a older 7.3 ford till riding with my buddy. Loud, uncomfortable, just felt ?gruff? And his was in great condition and he takes care of his stuff.

Love the new Tundra. In 3 or 4 years maybe I will be able to afford a '14 lol

Believe it came down to...that old Ford was my dad's thing. I was the first in the family to break away and buy a Toyota (geez near 25 years ago), after my test drive in the old F250, got back in my Toyota, and thought, ya know...I really like my Tacoma, it "fits" me far better than that old Ford.

Tundras are coming down in price...seeing sub $15-20K used ones.

Last edited:

Milo902

Adventurer
Ha, I had a very similar experience with the older Fords. I grew up around 80s & 90s F250s and they have a very nostalgic feeling to me. I bought a 96 powerstroke last year to build up, spent a ton of money, and decided it was just too damn big, loud, slow and cumbersome to drive. Luckily I kept my 4Runner...

Clutch

<---Pass
Ha, I had a very similar experience with the older Fords. I grew up around 80s & 90s F250s and they have a very nostalgic feeling to me. I bought a 96 powerstroke last year to build up, spent a ton of money, and decided it was just too damn big, loud, slow and cumbersome to drive. Luckily I kept my 4Runner...

We had a bunch of the 70's Fords, from pick-ups to dump trucks, had a cab over old milk truck used as a water truck, and a F700 dump.

I jumped in that F250...it still had that old Ford grease smell like all of others...then it all came crashing back, memories of always working on that stuff just to get it down the road. And that classic Ford power steering pump whine, seems like they all have it. Ha ha! Heck, the old man's F250, which he bought brand new...had three engines in it before it hit 100,000 miles...and the 3rd engine threw a rod when I was driving it. I sold it before it had it's 4th engine...and bought a '85 4Runner with 60K miles on it, ran that sucker up to 215K miles, and sold it to buy a newer '92 Toyota truck at the time...the 4Runner was running great when I sold it too.

Ryanmb21

Expedition Leader
A 4runner Trail with a beefed up suspension and good tires would be about ideal for me. They could save the sticker package and black wheels though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles