Iveco Daily 4x4

gjackson

FRGS
This looks like a pretty interesting platform. 24 forward gears, 4 reverse, common rail diesel, comes in crew cab etc. I know the platform has been around for a while, but seems like this is a pretty new variant . . .

Anyone know anything about them?

http://www.daily4x4.iveco.com/?lang=en

cheers

Last edited:
This is the reply AZCPP received from Iveco...

"Dear Mr. Pfleeger,

We thank you for taking an interest in our company and our products.

With reference to your request we regret that we have no commercial vehicles operations at present in USA market.

Best regards,

Iveco CustomerCenter
ContactUs Service"

Too bad...

Bjorn

Lemsteraak

Adventurer
The IVECO 4x4 has been around awhile. Bjorn, how is your German, here is an interesting link from Switzerland

http://home.datacomm.ch/iveco.web/fram_reis.htm

A few years back, I saw one of these IVECO 4x4 Dailys set up as a camper for a round the world journey, it was very impressive

IVECO is noted for their CRD diesels. They have just opened up shop here in the US but will only sell you a diesel engine. These engines are plug and play, come with the computer and all, just put them in your piece of equipment and off you go.

I have a SUV that is IVECO based. In Italy, Rayton Fissore, had IVECO shorten a 4x4 Daily chassis, and put on a body penned by Tom Tjaarda, same guy that did the Pantera and many Ferraris and Lamborghinis. Sounds like a winning combination? Well .... no, they changed it for America. The CRD diesel, out, and replaced with a Ford small block, 5 speed - gone, replaced with an automatic transmission. Best of all, they marketed as an upscale SUV, rode like a truck, heavy, underpowered, and best of all Italian electrics, and they named it a Laforza (cringe). It is rather entertaining to drive, some of the Italian charm lingers.

I agree, it would be nice to have IVECO back again.

Michele

Observer
Do you want me to stop by the first Iveco dealer I come across and get some brochures for you guys?
:)

PirateJohn

Here's what you need. It's a Canadian LSVW lightweight truck. Iveco made them and Western Star IIRC imported them for the Canadian military. It's not a Daily, as such, but that's what I thought it was when I first saw one on maneuvers here in Floriduh.

14.jpg

762X39

Explorer
Western Star LSVW

The Canadian Armed Forces has a bunch of the Ivecos but they were manufactured by Western Star and they aren't that great. They are underpowered by north american standards and ours (CF) had lots of issues.Yeah they look nice and once on the surplus market they might be fun but my experience with them (lots of them in my former unit) tells me to just buy another mog.

PeterM

And there are three more or less different verhicles mentioned here:

The first (thread starter) is the new one - actual Iveco Daliy cab on an frame derived from the SCAM truck using a Fial Ducato cab, see http://www.scamtrucks.it

The older camper was the "works"-4x4 version of the old Daily.
And the military version is similar, but only a handul of parts are interchangeable with the old civil version.

rgds, Peter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles