Thoughts on front suspension rehab kit for suburban on eBay.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Anyone have any thoughts on these multi part kits on eBay to revive the front suspension on my 05 z71 burb?

Sent from my SGH-T899M using Tapatalk

Ridge Runner

Delta V
How many miles are on your Suburban? Unless it's killed on miles or a previous owner/you have been hard on it, I would think your suspension would still be in good shape.

kojackJKU

125k. I have been using it as a plow vehicle. I just want to replace everything to make it new again.

txnight

Adventurer
BBB is the business mafia. 20 complaints in less than 36 months and they still maintain an A+ rating.

1meanz

Mullet Club Chairman
A fool and his money are easily parted. Plowing or not, how about you find out if your parts are actually bad before you look for the cheapest front end components you can find. I'm 100% certain the bargain basement parts like you see in that ebay link are not nearly as well built as the OEM parts the truck came with. You'd swap those on and be worse off than you probably are right now. I have 208k miles on my Tahoe, I'm installing a lift kit and I've carefully inspected every joint in the truck. After 208k miles, I've got one bad wheel bearing, and the lower control arm bushings were getting rotten. I grease the truck every other oil change and all my other joints were still tight. If you've maintained the truck properly it's likely your parts may still be good. If you can't asses the condition of your front end yourself, take the truck to someone who can, it will be cheaper in the long run. If you do need to replace parts, get them from the dealership, or get the premium replacement parts at a reputable parts store such as NAPA. It's a free country and its your truck and your money, so do as you wish, but don't expect anyone here to support indiscriminantly replacing things you think might be bad with cheap junk from ebay.

kojackJKU

A fool and his money are easily parted. Plowing or not, how about you find out if your parts are actually bad before you look for the cheapest front end components you can find. I'm 100% certain the bargain basement parts like you see in that ebay link are not nearly as well built as the OEM parts the truck came with. You'd swap those on and be worse off than you probably are right now. I have 208k miles on my Tahoe, I'm installing a lift kit and I've carefully inspected every joint in the truck. After 208k miles, I've got one bad wheel bearing, and the lower control arm bushings were getting rotten. I grease the truck every other oil change and all my other joints were still tight. If you've maintained the truck properly it's likely your parts may still be good. If you can't asses the condition of your front end yourself, take the truck to someone who can, it will be cheaper in the long run. If you do need to replace parts, get them from the dealership, or get the premium replacement parts at a reputable parts store such as NAPA. It's a free country and its your truck and your money, so do as you wish, but don't expect anyone here to support indiscriminantly replacing things you think might be bad with cheap junk from ebay.

That's why I asked before I bought. I wanted to know if they are good quality parts. I will swap out with NAPA parts. I am a preventative kinda a guy, I don't mind taking the suburban and tossing all new parts on it, then I know its good. Being done all at once then its done. I am swapping out all those parts, all new wheel bearings, new steering shaft and box because of play in the steering and new shocks with the lift. there is nothing I hate more is being on a road trip, and have something go south. So, replacing parts is not a huge issue for piece of mind. Its my family with me, their safety is worth the cost of a few replacement parts!

Shocker

VanDOOM!
I have to agree with 1meanz that you should check each part before replacing. I would avoid the eBay kit. Way to cheap to be any good. Napa can have good parts, but they can be crap as well.

kojackJKU

I buy their lifetime warranty parts. If it fails its replaced. I am avoiding that eBay kit for sure.

98dango

Expedition Leader
139 for all that it can't be just a pitman ARM can be that much. I rebuilt a 92 Chevy a week ago had 900 in just parts did do both axles while I was there. I would not go for that I'd hate to say its to cheap but I'd go to napa Oreilly and get Moog parts.

98dango

Expedition Leader
I used to be napa now I don't care what name is on the building its what's on the box. I only use moog chassie and suspension parts. Some have luck with Fedrail mougal or raybestos but I'm a Moog guy. When the dealership I worked at closed and I went in to auto parts I learned a lot about the parts them selves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier