88 Silverado Door Harness

uncle

Observer
One of the first things on my list is to get the doors put back together. There was some "Tijuana Tech" going on. The PO replaced the drivers door and cut every wire in the jamb and wire nutted them all in a lump.

Can someone tell me where the chassis side of the door harness goes? Please tell me I'm not screwed.

Brian

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
The funning thing about this is in Tijuana they call that an “Arkansas Overhaul”
histerical.gif

Actually, the easiest way to repair this would be to remove the door panels and unplug the harness then slide harness out the door hole, which is exactly what the PO should have done. Once the harness is out where you can work on it you should be able to make a solid wiring repair to all the wires with room to work. The door harness pretty much gets lost in a maze of 70’s engineering under the dash. I don’t recall the doors being their own harness that unplugs from the main interior harness. A wiring repair will be the only option here.

uncle

Observer
That sucks for me but I can do it. You just wouldn't believe the clump of wire nuts in the door jamb.

Brian

barefoot boy

Observer
Remove the drivers side kick panel. There should be 2 connectors in there for power windows/power door locks. These 2 connectors should have most if not all the door wires in them. That's how it is on my '93 Silverado.

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
Ooops! My earlier post assumes this 88 Silverado is a pickup and not a Suburban or Blazer. What is it?

Its a Suburban. He mentioned that in a different thread. A Sub of that year would still be the 73-87 truck body style.

barefoot boy

Observer
I also have a 1991 Suburban Silverado (power windows/door locks/mirrors). The factory wiring schematic shows the drivers side door harness plugging into the main harness via connectors C261; C263; C271.
These 3 connectors on my truck are behind the parking brake mounting bracket. There is a grommet G500 which is just above the drivers side kick panel; the drivers door harness passes through this grommet and turns up behind the parking brake mounting bracket.

uncle

Observer
I got the old harness out and was going to repair it but, it was spliced in two different areas. I think I'll be off to the junk yard and see it I can get one out in one piece.

I take it that the 2 door trucks are different as they would not hahe the power windows for the rear doors.

Brian

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles