Dodge 2500 winch bumper?

ExpoMike

$1000, heck that would be a deal. Most I have found (for my '97) are in the $1500-$2500 range, with the cheapest of those being an ARB.

Dixie27

Just Got Mine On Today........sorry bout the QT........cant celebrate without some fine beverages

Attachments

• photo (2).jpg
    photo (2).jpg
    525.4 KB · Views: 33
  • photo (3).jpg
    photo (3).jpg
    522.7 KB · Views: 34
  • photo (4).jpg
    photo (4).jpg
    519.3 KB · Views: 39

crismateski

American Adventurist
There are some really nice bumpers out there, but the 1000 price tag is going to be tough. If that is your budget, I think your only option would be to order some frame horns from someone like Carli Suspension (I think they are about 300) and then either build it yourself or have a buddy build the rest of it. Keep an eye on Dodgetalk, Power Wagon registry, and Dodge Trucks Xtreme you may find a used one come up

cliniford

Observer
So far the best deal I have found so far is from Road Rhino.
They sell a weld it yourself kit that is both front and rear bumpers together for $950.

ExpoMike

So far the best deal I have found so far is from Road Rhino.
They sell a weld it yourself kit that is both front and rear bumpers together for $950.

Yeah, I have seen them and seriously thought about a front one. This is definitely the cheapest you'll find but you're also comparing apple to oranges. A weld it yourself is not the same as buying one ready to bolt on.

I did buy a weld together one for my Cherokee (much smaller then a full size). It took a LOT of welding and a couple hundred dollars for powder coating. It came out nice and I was very happy with it. I do recommend you have a 220 volt MIG welder so you will get proper penetration. I also have a 110 volt MIG and it would have not been enough for some of the thicker weld points. Just something to think about.

verdesardog

Explorer
Here's what I put on my 06 CTD, it was less than $1,000.00

Mile Marker:

DSC_03981.JPG

ExpoMike

Push bars are not the same as a full bumper. Push bar work fine for mounting winches, lights and such but hit something at speed (like a deer) and you'll find out how much damage they tend to do. They tend to rotate back into the hood, grill and fenders. This is well documented over the Internet. Full bumper are well documented for cleaning off the blood and fur and continue on your way. Other downside as your photo shows, you lose a lot of approach angle. I have been on a few trails with our Ram that I would have dragged it through the trail.

cliniford

Observer
I'm looking for just a simple winch bumper without bars. Don't even want fog light holes. Seems to be hard to find.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I'm looking for just a simple winch bumper. Seems to be hard to find.

Warn used to make a great simple but solid winch bumper. Everything out there now looks like it either fell of a stealth bomber or "The Mighty Humungous" rig in Road Warrior. I feel your pain!

The one on my F350 is one of the old Warn bumpers that came off a Suburban. I had to fab new mounts and cut the ends to be a bit more shapely, but I liked the finished product. The bottom of the headlights on an 03-05 Dodge would add to the challenge though.

image_zpsacb73c84.jpg

Or the other end of the spectrum (gaaack!), what came on my Dodge, and soon found its way into the (s)crap metal bin!

E1C11D18_zps4be1eb50.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier