FS: Driving Lights, Misc, Vintage 80's, Bosch, Hella

Myron

I am cleaning out my garage attic after a lifetime of modifying vehicles for camping and overland travel. I have here some vintage 1980's driving lights in various states. I've attempted to describe them accurately, but if you have questions feel free to email me at roverhaven at gmail.com. I am located in Grand Rapids, Mich.

$100 obro takes the lot, shipped via USPS in the US. All are sold as-is, with no warranties implied or expressed. That said, I don't have any reason to believe any of them don't work. With apologies to my international friends, I just don't think these items would ship overseas very well, so no buyers outside of the US, please.

First is a pair of new-in-box Bosch driving lights. I bought these in Sweden in 1980. They are 7.75" in diameter. They have *no* outer casings or mounting hardware, however, so you'll have to be handy or just happen to have a pair of cases that will work. They take an H3 bulb. They appear to be Bosch part no. 1 305 604 015, but there are two other similar numbers on them as well (let me know if you're interested and I'll send you the others).

Next up is a pair of new, unused Bosch driving lamps with heavy-duty cases. They have Bosch part no. 1 305 601 124...125 molded into them. The grates are molded right into their cases. They are approximately 5.5" in diameter. They have bulbs and mounting hardware included. They are very nice and have never been used. I bought them in 1997 and just never mounted them to anything.

Next up is a pair of Bosch Touring lamps that date from the mid-80's. They have Bosch part no. 1 305 602 082 on them. They are approximately 6.75" in diameter and take an H3 bulb. They have a million miles on them, but work great. The lenses are a bit sandblasted from use. They come with mounting hardware and clip-on covers. These would look awesome on your 80's-era Volvo or Saab. I also ran them on my '64 IIA 88 for a while.

Finally I have a single Hella 500 from the early 90's. It has cover that is cracked. It's been so long that I don't remember what happened to other one. The lamp itself is fine, but I don't have any mounting hardware for it.

Thanks for looking.

Myron

Last edited:

4xdog

Explorer
Maybe interested in the Bosch lamps with the integral grilles. They're fog pattern rather than driving pattern, yes? What kind of bulb -- H3?

Myron

Hi 4xDog,

The lamps have H3 bulbs in them. I don't honestly know if they were intended for fog or driving. The lens pattern is straight, vertical lines, and the surface of the lens is flat.

Thanks,

Myron

4xdog

Explorer
Probably a fog pattern... Driving lamps typically have a lens without fluting. Thanks doe the info and good luck with the sale -- this collection should make someone a good deal. I'll probably stick with my original Hella 4000 Compact (metal housing) plan...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles