Super cheapo van build, it's my fourth E350...

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
4qo3zl.jpg

Matching door panels lol

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
I thought this might look ok but the edges have me thinking... how to make them look nicer?
Sorry for the sideways picture.
wthpg5.jpg

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
2nr0ux0.jpg

All loaded, very heavy...
Even my Blackbird inside.
During the 650 mile trip I got 19.2 mpg. Avg speed was 55, no rush just taking it easy.

ober27

Adventurer
That's great mileage, especially considering the extra weigh and wind resistance. Was that all highway miles?

Wise Old Jason

Founder, Wise Old Media
Very cool, man. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Have you considered a programmer for your engine? It would really help with your fuel economy and many have alternate modes for specific purposes. Just a thought...

So far, well done!

Sent from my Casio G'zOne Commando 4G, it's the John Connor of Smartphones. You cannot kill it...

Using Tapatalk.

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
Yup 99% hwy miles.
I didn't have any luck with a tuner on my last 7.3 van, so I sold it for cheap just to recoup some money...
Some additional mpg would be nice, power also but since this runs so well I'd hate to jinx it.

Jr_Explorer

Explorer
Yup 99% hwy miles.
I didn't have any luck with a tuner on my last 7.3 van, so I sold it for cheap just to recoup some money...
Some additional mpg would be nice, power also but since this runs so well I'd hate to jinx it.

A tuner alone doesn't help much for mpg and only allows more power by dumping more fuel into the engine. If you free up the intake and exhaust either by piecing together components or going with an engineered system Like Banks makes you gain efficiency AND more power (by dumping more fuel into the engine!). My friend has had several 6.9 and 7.3 Fords and had a Banks kit on every one and loves them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior