2004 Nissan Titan / FRP Flippac / 52.5K miles / Turnkey Expo Rig

THIS RIG IS NOW BEING PARTED OUT, MOST COMPONENTS ARE FOR SALE ON THE EQUIPMENT FOR SALE PAGE. MAKE AN OFFER FOR ANYTHING YOU DON'T SEE THERE. I'LL UPDATE THE RIG DETAILS BELOW AS THINGS SELL.

CURRENT PRICE $16,500

This truck has been great to us, never letting us down. I had planned on keeping it for aNother five years before purchasing an XP and hitting the (off)road. The XP found me first and I can't find a good enough reason to keep both rigs.

Its a 2004 Nissan Titan Off Road Package with power windows and doors. It has a factory locking rear differential, custom Deaver springs, Icon rear shocks and Bistein 5100 in front. It has an FRP Flippac. It comes with an SLO Sail rainfly. The truck has a semi-custom powder coated front winch bumper with a 10,000 pound ENGO winch. The rear bumper is a custom powder coated double swing-out bumper built to hold fuel, water and propane. It also has custom powder coated, welded on rock rails. Bumpers and rock rails manufactured by Outdoor Logic.

I had Al&Eds Autosound mount rear and front cameras tied to an in-dash DVD player. The way they set it up, you turn the cameras on and it automatically switches via shifting into reverse from front to rear. Its very handy in hill climbs and on tight, rock strewn trails and of course in parking lots. It has Lightforce Blitz 240 9.5" off road lights mounted to the front bumper. If I recall that shine a beam of light 9 football fields long. They come with amber covers for dusty areas.

The truck has never been a daily driver and only has 52,700 miles on it. It has served us well and will serve the new owner well. Two tires are new and two have a little wear.

2004 Nissan Titan Off Road $14500
Flippac ($4000 from FRP)
Flippac rainfly ($405 new from AT)
front bumper and winch $1500
rear bumper dual swing outs $1000
rock rails $600
in dash DVD and cameras (new $1500 from Al&Eds)
Lightforce Lights/amber (new $700 Sierra Expeditions)

I think a fair price for everything as detailed above would be $18,000-$19,000, however, the paint needs work and there is a small scar from a large rock on the rear quarter panel. I've talked with a body shop and believe those issues could be fixed for under $2000, thus the discounted price of $16,500. If it were me, I'd just leave it ( I live in the desert), rattle can it for protection, or even do bed liner on the whole truck. With the paint discount, the choice is yours.

Pics to follow.

Last edited:
Its not perfect. Ten years on the desert sun have beat up the paint. Below are pics of the problems.

Scar from a large rock on a trail (could be covered by a fender flare)

Hood

Roof

One last cosmetic issue, I had mounted a GPS mount to the dash. When I removed it, the glue stayed behind and I can't seem to remove it.

Happy browsing. Any questions answered promptly. Someone stop by with $21,000 cash and go camping next weekend!

Last edited:
I originally bought this truck for its stock off road capabilities. With a factory rear locker and 10+ inches of ground clearance it will go anywhere it will fit. Back then it was a large truck but compared to other full size trucks currently available, it's relativelt small. It even won the Four Wheeler Truck of the Year. http://www.fourwheeler.com/vehicle-reviews/129-0401-ptoty/

My kids named him Shruk because he was the Shrek truck; big, green, muscular and slightly obnoxious. Here a picture of him going up and over a Mengel Pass in Death Valley.

No Problem, we got this. My daughters love it when we go out in Shruk.
e607ae81.jpg

All PMs replied to. I'm pretty sure whomever tests drives this first is going to drive home in it. It's got everything you need and is ready to go. Fly in and camp your way home with confidence.

SouthWest Roamer

I wish you the best of luck on selling your truck. You have done pretty much everything I want to do to my Titan/FP combo. I just bought my 2007 titan with FP in January, otherwise I would be trying to buy your truck. your truck is a heck of a deal when you consider the mods and low miles. Somebody is going to be a happy camper:)

Jr_Explorer

Explorer
Man don't part that out! I can't believe it's not already sold for your original asking price! You've lowballed a few things. The Flippac is more like $5,600 from FRP and $6,500 from AT! Nissan reliability... Ready to camp.... Anyone out there who has ever considered a Flippac should look at this truck. I'll have mine at the O.C. Meet & Greet Wednesday (http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...ty-CA-Monthly-Meeting-February-12th-at-6-30pm) if you want to see one up close and personal.

SouthWest Roamer

Wow, somebody is going to be really happy! I think of all the money I am going to spend to build by Titan Flippac to the same spec as this one and my total investment will end up north of 25k. The bumpers on your truck are without a doubt the best I have seen of all the options for the Titan. Somebody really needs to buy this thing!

fourstringfletch

Adventurer
Great truck and an amazing deal.
I bet the paint is what's scaring some away so take some rubbing compound to it and then wax on Daniel-san!
Best of luck.

Just an FYI, I put the parts price list up so if there is anything you don't need/want that is easily removeable we can remove it and lower the overall price. All of it is negotiable with my preference to sell the package. I'd rather not sell the Flippac separately because it is tied into truck via the reverse lights and of course, the house battery, slide, and fridge make sense for the perfect kitchen setup with propane on the rear bumper. Almost everything is removeable of course, but I'm not selling anything separately yet. I'm hoping it doesn't come to that. Before it does, I'll likely start pulling thing off I can use on my new rig like the lights and CB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier