Wrinkels not a build up 2002 chevy 1500

98dango

Expedition Leader
This is wrinkels 2002 Chevy 1500 4x4 4.8 5 speed

This truck has been with my wife and I from the start. It's never got much play that is changing. My superduty is still getting built but we dont want to miss out camping.

98dango

Expedition Leader
This poor truck has been on more trips with us than any other rig we own. It's just always been the reliable back up. After a 5 month time out Ok I got it stuck in the snow for 5 months. I tossed in a battery and fired right up. So this year it will be the primary truck the plan is Winch lockers sliders and some lift.
IMG058.jpg

IMAG3424.jpg
Back in Az.with the rockers sprayed

IMAG3460.jpg
And the best copilot

98dango

Expedition Leader
Wrinkles running with jeeps.

IMAG3462.jpg
IMAG3475.jpg

We had a blast sorry I'm not big on pictures there more ill collect and post up because who dosent like pictures.

98dango

Expedition Leader
Well that gets us to pretty current

We have a trip coming up soon it will be a 1 truck trip so its WARN WINCH time.

I had a brush gaurd from an ex railroad suburban to work with and the M12000 ofIMAG3542.jpgf my superduty its getting a 15000.
So what I came up with complete bolt on. My wife the director of this build likes old school brutal look on trucks.

IMAG3546.jpg
IMAG3548.jpg
IMAG3559.jpg

98dango

Expedition Leader
So we went for a little camping trip Friday night .Wrinkels did good got Hung up once but nothing bad. We went south to Bozeman and then to Gardner. We stayed a road side camp ground not usually our style but its winter in a area we are new to. It was a great time.
IMAG3566.jpg
IMAG3568.jpg
IMAG3570.jpg

chevyexpotruck

Observer
I agree with your wife. The bumper looks really good. Something different from all the ARB bumpers you seem to see these days.

Hope to see more work on the truck soon :ylsmoke:

98dango

Expedition Leader
Well you will see a little work on it hear shortly. The rear diff started to make the helicopter sound on the way home. So time for a upgrade.

98dango

Expedition Leader
After a few long discussion with my wife and planning trips I just won't have time to get all my parts and axles rebuilt in the time we have. So I will spend the next 10 months collecting parts for my solid axle swap.

So this year we will be trying out some 255 85 16 Bfg Mt and getting the sleeping arrangements sorted out. As this is not a build up because I have 3 other projects this is a maintenance project.

We chose the 255 85 16 over a 285 75 16 the 285 I test fit will not allow me to run chains. The slightly narrower profile allows the chain to clear the bodywork. I may install a 2" body lift just for safety sake. We had talked about going to a 315 but with only having a 4.8 and 3.42 gears we felt the 255 was a better choice for the truck in this form.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier