2013 Rubicon / Moab / Rubicon X...Hybrid

alaska101

Observer
I had to take one of my other trailers as my expedition trailer was not in yet...booo... but will be here next week, can't wait for next weekend to go get it.

mikeJKUR

Adventurer
ae2097367e73fd2be02ea028bdaa1248.jpg

that is a nice set up.

Red Zebra

Adventurer
Dude! That tent/camp set-up is awesome! Family camping is so much fun. my kids still talk about our outings from 15-20 years ago. you're building great memories.

alaska101

Observer
Dude! That tent/camp set-up is awesome! Family camping is so much fun. my kids still talk about our outings from 15-20 years ago. you're building great memories.
Me too, I remember camping when I was 5 to 10 and loved it lots. Then my dad stoped going and then in my teens I missed it so much. When I became a dad I said, at all cost I will camp with my kids. The first few years we rented a cabin so it was easier with very young kids. Now we tent full time. Its way more work for dad. But worth everything. I went and got a gopro video camera and follow the kids around to no end with it. My friends think I am nuts. Nope not nuts I am just a dad.

Last edited:

alaska101

Observer
f87d236ff8e88bcca72b5645310a7b79.jpg

Still have a few things to work out, ie: running wires neater.... but got the dual batteries in place, also found a great deal on yellow top optima starter / deep cycle...just have to go get the.

HAFICON

Adventurer
]Nice I just ordered this tray.. I plan to build a hold down for the batteries I will let you know if I ever get it built *L* Something like this but will have 3 solenoids, one for battery isolation ad one for each winch.

batteries in set up.jpg

Attachments

• batteries in set up.jpg
    batteries in set up.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 33

alaska101

Observer
When I ordered it I was going to do that too. But now after getting them in, the strap is great. I would suggest some foam between the two batteries and also on the back. I wraped both my batteries with heater blankets as is get cold up here..lol

NVJK

Well 6hr of work, and I have a start on the rear cargo area. Ps its takes me long as I am an ocd finish carpenter. I also custom made a cooler thst fits under the self too. But have plans for a pull out kitchen in the back.

va2e9u3e.jpg
heqa9ebe.jpg
ve8e2e3y.jpg

I really like how you did this. Can you post a pic of how you tied it in on the sides (i.e. under the lip)?

alaska101

Observer
I did nothing. Its all pressure. I want to put dado into the top so it fits in. I want it to be able take it out if needed.. fast.

NVJK

I did nothing. Its all pressure. I want to put dado into the top so it fits in. I want it to be able take it out if needed.. fast.

Thanks. This helps. I figured the wood was too thick to fit under the lip. I have been trying to figure out a way to allow it to be bolted using the factory bolts (I assumed you had done the same).

alaska101

Observer
The wood is under the lip, there was some plastic that needed to be trimmed. I was going to mount it flush at first and put a tin steal lip around were it fits over the jeep lip. But I wanted it to be lower then the lip for future plans

NVJK

The wood is under the lip, there was some plastic that needed to be trimmed. I was going to mount it flush at first and put a tin steal lip around were it fits over the jeep lip. But I wanted it to be lower then the lip for future plans

Just went and looked. The plastic you are talking about is in the rear corners of the jeep, correct? I'm thinking the wood can be secured under the lip with something like a t-nut, although it might not be necessary due to how tight it fits in there.

Sorry for all the questions, your's just happens to be one of the cleanest versions I've seen. :)

alaska101

Observer
Well I made a great find today and the price was right too. Two years ago I seen this at a yard sale and I don't know why I did not buy it...today I stopped by and asked if she still had it...and to my surprise she still had it. And she told me to just take it as she is cleaning up the garage and she wanted it gone... I offered her money she would not take it... Sapi air Jake. New in box in used. Have to test it out tonight... I can't wait... I watched a video about a year ago on hi-lift jack vs air Jack.... I say who cares I have both. Lol

8d0c7fc9f9ca7cd415ddf183cc7e3426.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94