Camp toilet modifications

DrMoab

Explorer
Got a buddy riding along on a week long adventure in Nevada this may. He has a disability that won't allow him to squat down quite as low as most camp toilets (PETT, Walmart el-cheapo ect.) requires. I'm looking to modify one that sits up higher and is a little more stable than the flimsy 3 leg models are.

Anyone got any ideas?

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Been using this for almost 10 years-

IMGP0653-1.jpg

Usually as a male/female #1 and I carry liner/chemical pack for #2-

Toilet seat sits on any 5-gal bucket !

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

DrMoab

Explorer
I don't have anywhere near the amount of real estate in my trailer to haul something that big. It looks pretty Cush though. The thought of flushing in the middle of the Utah desert has a certain appeal. :D

After thinking about this all day this is what I might do. Tell me if I'm nuts.

I have one of these.
5a9u8yny.jpg

Only it's an old worn out model. I'm thinking of taking my plastic walmart PETT imitation toilet, cutting the legs off then making a couple of brackets that would hold it to the right and left frame sides where the seat bottom hooks. The brackets would have curved ends that would fit over the curved tubing of the frame and hold it in place. Then obviously remove the fabric from the seat bottom.

I'm thinking this might be good too because it would give him handles so to speak. Bad idea?

DrMoab

Explorer
That might work as long as it breaks apart easy. I'm still running into real estate issues in my trailer.

k9lestat

Expedition Leader
A folding chair with a whole and toilet seat and bucket or some sort of receptacle

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

ratkin

Adventurer
I completely ruptured my patella tendon last year, and grew to appreciate anything that could make it easier on my knee while it healed after surgery.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94