Mapper's gen 2.5

mapper

Explorer
FYI. I've officially decided insurance is not taking the truck...so it is officially for sale.

I did get another inquiry on purchasing the whole truck, right after I had the accident. It was submitted to me as a PM so I'm keeping details in the PMs for now.

For that other person...you also have a new PM from me.

mapper

Explorer
I mostly need the rear door cards from using it like a truck and maybe some other interior stuff, we will leave a good seat in it so it can still be driven if needed.

Driver's rear might take some work to get to (that door also currently does not open but I think it will be the easiest to get open) I think (but would have to double check) that card should be undamaged. What we do to crack that door open depends on if someone is buying the truck and how they want to transport it. It is currently driveable but my recommendation would be to trailer it any significant distance due to recent accident and any unknowns that may involve.

mapper

Explorer
By the way guys. I'm totally ready to move forward on this. I tried sending IncorpoRated a couple PMs last week. For some reason they are not showing in my sent mail box so maybe I only typed them and didn't send, or something.

In any case, PM sent to IncorpoRatedX. I've been driving the truck around town for errands now and again to keep things moving, and because it had a nearly full tank of premium when hit! No drivability issues noted.

mapper

Explorer
Thanks, Just an FYI for anyone paying attention to this truck.

I'm currently hoping to sell the whole running/driving truck as is. I don't have the time/space/inclination to tear it apart at the moment. It runs too well and I'd like to sell it complete. As is, it can be driven home. I'm still driving it from time to time and it was great for getting around in the recent 14"+ snow storm we just had, Heavy, wet, snow didn't slow this thing at all. I've put almost 200 trouble free miles on since the accident, I can now honestly say that I trust the drivetrain as much as I did pre accident. I'd drive it pretty much anywhere. Still waiting on the salvage title from DMV (I forgot to send my insurance guy a document, so that's my fault) and figure I better have that in hand before I officially put it up for sale.

IncorpoRatedX was/is interested but presently has some other projects he's putting ahead of the mighty max.

AlwaysEntropy

Timid Observer
Interested in finding out the details, email me when you get a chance. The Monty will be in the shop tomorrow so it would be good to know if there are new parts on the way
thanks again

mapper

Explorer
Hey guys. Long time.

For reference. Back in February I managed to pry the doors open on this thing. Some creative work with a hammer, 3lb mallet, and wood blocks made them fully functional. I got the door tops bent back inward by, literally, grabbing the tops of the door frames from the inside, putting my feet on the door card armrests and bending the tops back into place. Tops seal nicely. Bottoms, not so much as the lower sill was beat pretty bad. I continue to drive the truck as is. Soooo nice having a functional drivers door! Even if the window only opens about a half inch.

At any rate, we used it as a support vehicle for a White Rim bike trip in March. That lower seal lets in a lot of dust, but other than being dusty, the truck did great!

mapper

Explorer
White rim montero1_reize.jpg

whterimmontero2.jpg
Checking the weather

whiterimmontero3_crop.jpg
How the redneck repair looks

Unfortunately I can't pound the doors out much more, I tried and then the doors wouldn't close well, because the door frames were also "realigned" in the accident. The opening is now smaller, front to back, than stock as the impact made the driver's side more concave than factory.

Oh, I got it to pass the safety inspection!! new tags good to March 2017!!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke