Not very many Grand Cherokee WK's??

FromRaleigh

Adventurer
Probably not unless I can get a deal better than I'm seeing on TrueCar, it's a little outside my price range.

Sent using Tapatalk

pennieslj

Observer
We have a '14 WK2 V6. I'm seeing 19-20 in town and 25ish highway. Great rig so far.
DSC03838_zps53523e43.jpg

DSC04063_zps88a2d061.jpg

FromRaleigh

Adventurer
^^ Nice, mind if I ask what model/options you have? I've been looking at a V6 Limited with Offroad Adventure II package and am hoping to find one with the Luxury Group.

It looks like the Diesel adds about $4k. I drive enough that the fuel savings offsets the extra cost while I would own the car, but the initial extra cost is more than I can afford and would be more than I would want to finance right now. I may still want the diesel, it just means waiting another ~8 months.

(Waiting to hear back from my insurance person if the Advanced Technology Group will give me enough insurance savings to offset the price increase, if it doesn't I don't think I'll include that.

pennieslj

Observer
I have a V6 Limited. The only options I got were the Off Road Adventure II and the 8.4 screen upgrade. I added Mopar sliders and a Gobi roof rack.

Kosmo

Adventurer
My former WK…took me everywhere I wanted to go for 5 years. Even hit a single Black/Blue Diamond trail where I was the only rig not locked front or rear. Got out of a deeply muddy "Dry" Lake bed.

The IFS did have it's limitations, the lifts available weren't that great (with super-lifts coming in around $4000), had horrid flex, but it took me everywhere and always got me home. I bought it not knowing anything about lockers, after market availability, etc. Now I'm in a Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited…but I still love my first Jeep.

dscf2684.jpg

Very nice. Thanks for sharing. What sort of AWD /4WD system did it have?

da10A

Adventurer
It is doable and very capable, but aesthetically speaking, with the forward slant of the rear and overall shape, it is not as pleasing to look at as a vehicle with a more angular shape, like the Commander for example. It would be like prepping a Porsche Cayenne, BMW X5 or Range Rover Sport with a lift and offroad tires... The vehicle can do it, no question there, but it just looks....... Wrong.... To me anyway :| It is awesome however in the srt8 package, or set-up like one.
2af4cde1a3ef049650afcf721f2a7292.jpg

Last edited:

Bob Freda

Adventurer
Well, here is my "just wrong WK" set up for more ExPo type driving. I know that it's not an SRT model but to me that's just fine .

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I personally think the WK is one tough looking vehicle and I don't see another one at every intersection I come to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles