1995 Land Rover Discovery 300TDi

Colin Hughes

Explorer
Likely only for folks here in Canada ... this is a very nice clean and rare Discovery with a 300TDi diesel engine and automatic transmission. I purchased it about 2 years ago and planned on keeping it for a long time but my friend decided to sell his equally well maintained LR3 and I couldn't resist. Now I've got 2 Rovers and I only need 1.

The Disco averages between 27-30 mpg in combined city/highway driving and this goes up on purely highway driving. It has approximately 208,000 kms on it.

This is a 7 seat model.

The Disco has had lots of maintenance done to it. When I purchased it, I replaced the timing belt and internal tensioners, drive belts, rebuilt the alternator and installed a new battery. I noticed the pulley was a bit loose on the fan clutch so I replaced the entire front cover. I also added the EGR blanking kit and Terrafirma silicone hose kit. Additional work has included suspension - ball joints, track arm, steering damper, rear sway bar bushings and links, etc. Recent upgrades include new headlight units, one had a crack, the other was letting moisture in, a rad shroud for really cold weather and Discovery 2 door seals all around. I ground off the old fittings and installed new mupflaps all around as well.

The stereo had a major upgrade (about $2k) and is awesome. It features a Kenwood head unit, 500 watt amp for the door and rear pillar speakers along with a 300 watt amp for the 12" sub in a custom enclosure. Speaker are a combination of Polk Audio and Hardin Kardon.

The tires are practically brand new, Cooper Discoverer AT3. The best tire I have ever had, great in all weather conditions, especially snow.

I purchased brand new brakes (pads/rotors) and suspension (front and rear springs/shocks) but so far, I've only managed to get the rear shocks changed. I have a few more spare parts to that will go with the Disco.
It currently has a dual battery setup installed (Surepower 1314 and Deep Cell marine battery in rear left cargo area).

Sunroofs are currently sealed shut but a spare sunroof can be provided with the Disco if wanted. The sunroofs are manual wind.

Not much was spared to keep this Disco in great condition and I'm sure I've missed a few things. Asking $11,000 or best offer.

The Disco is available to be seen at my mechanics shop in Markham (Toronto area). Additional photos can be provided as requested.
D1.JPGD1-1.JPGD1-3.JPGD1-4.JPGD1-5.JPGD1-6.JPG.

MBurzon

Photo/Video, Mechanic, Cook, Driver, First Aid
What keeps this from being able to come to the US? Emissions testing requirements? Cool truck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Colin Hughes

Explorer
Thanks Scott. It is a cool Disco. It's a Japanese spec that was imported to Canada and converted to LHD so it's got lots on little differences over the NAS models.
Can't come into the US because of the 25 year rule and/or not a standard engine that was supplied in NAS Discos.
I've put a lot of work into it. Might end up keeping it and just driving from time to time as it is a very clean example.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz