"THE RESURRECTION" 97 4runner

blakeape

Adventurer
Not the most exciting updates but I got my driving lights wired up. I used a relay and tied them in to the factory high beams. They are just halogens and even with one bulb half burned out they were a nice addition to the headlights on my drive home last night.
IMG_1605_zps32a5bf20.jpg

I also bolted my Warn XD9000 to the old receiver hitch cradle I've had laying around for a few years. I hope to finish it next week. And my steel came in to do a mini boat-side and get the rust cut out of the rockers.
IMG_1606_zps8fb2c4c7.jpg

blakeape

Adventurer
Ironically my good friend who has a 50'x50' sick shop that we built in 2005 together (I used to have my own very small construction business) bought a 9000 lbs 2 post lift a couple weeks after I did the body swap on this thing. I figure the runner deserved a little lift time! Got my 4.88 V6 ARB 3rd swapped in and ordered an ARB compressor and a few misc pieces I needed from East Coast Gear supply today. Tomorrow I plan to start cutting out the rusted rockers and welding in the box tube I bought a week or so ago.
IMG_1612_zpsedd384c4.jpg

IMG_1613_zps1e7e4bfb.jpg

blakeape

Adventurer
I woke up at 3 AM this morning with an urgent need to vomit and simultaneously suffer uncontrollable diarrhea. Fortunately there was a 5 gallon bucket in my bathroom because I am in the process of tiling it. Despite these unpleasantries I actually felt pretty good when I crawled out of my bed at 9:15. I think it was a small bought of food poisoning. I made it to my friends shop about noon after doing 2 loads of laundry and running some errands and got the rockers cut out and some rust inhibitor sprayed on. I am going to Idaho this weekend skiing with my wife, but will get the tube welded in on Monday hopefully.
IMG_1617_zps5b4af09f.jpg

IMG_1616_zpsaba6f596.jpg

IMG_1618_zpsa1bbf9e4.jpg

blakeape

Adventurer
I have never done a rocker replacement or boat side before. The rockers are the only real rust on this truck because the factory running boards clamped on there. If the rust wasn't present I would definitely do a traditional frame mounted rock slider. These might even get braced back to the frame with a bushing mount later

blakeape

Adventurer
I am very happy with how this turned out but would not recommend a rocker replacement unless you have an issue with rust like I did. It was a nightmare welding all that flimsy Toyota sheet metal, but I finally got it done. 1.75 tube kickouts to follow.
IMG_1626_zpscbe41e8d.jpg

IMG_1629_zps91e10649.jpg

IMG_1630_zpsc05d4bc5.jpg

On another note my wife and I had a great get away weekend in Sand Point Idaho. We stayed at a great little cabin "Western Pleasures" with a sleigh ride, we skied Schweitzer Mountain, flew my new trainer kite (intro to kite boarding) brought our dog and just had a relaxing weekend.
IMG_1622_zps8918b9f9.jpg

IMG_1623_zps1c21bf9e.jpg

sweet trav

Adventurer
nice build...we're moving to the cda area south of sandpoint this month...we were looking at kalispell too for a while but really just looking forward to getting out of commifornia...anyway, nice job!

blakeape

Adventurer
nice build...we're moving to the cda area south of sandpoint this month...we were looking at kalispell too for a while but really just looking forward to getting out of commifornia...anyway, nice job!

The panhandle is a great place I'm sure you'll love it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles