1993 Dodge W250 Cummins Expo Build

Farmfresh

Hello everyone, I figured after 3.5 years of lurking around I would finally start a build thread of my own. I have owned six or so 12v cummins trucks over the past 8 years and really love the engines, so I decided I would build one for the purpose of offroading and some offhighway camping/expo type vacations.

My daily driver is a 1998 Dodge 2500 4x4 12v cummins, 5-speed. witha quad cab and short box. I use this truck for everything, but I have always liked the simplicity of the 89 - 93 dodge diesels so I decided to find one to build and keep my 98 reliable and not broken.

After some "horse trading" I ended up with a very decent and inexpensive 93 w250 4x4, 12v, 5-speed. It has had a ton of work done to the engine (mostly reliabilty repairs and some performance stuff) and it had a bunch of rust free body panels put on it like clean doors and a rust free bed. The front fenders have a little mud but it doesn't bother me as they will be getting cut up. The only bad part is that the truck was missing the turbo, trans and tranfer case, but luckily I just parted out a 92 manual truck and kept the trans and tcase. I also have an HE351 CW off a 2006 cummins that I will be installing on it.

There have been some nice additions to this truck such as: low pressure piston style lift pump, BD fuel pin, 3200 RPM Gov spring, Hydroboost, 2nd gen intercooler, 4" Exhaust, gold warn lockouts, 2nd gen seat and arm rest, dual intake and new radiator. But it still needs a ton of work, like possibly king pins, clutch, rear drive shaft, cross steer, redo the crappy lift on the front and a new steering shaft.

Now for my plans.
Install the Brand new 11.00R16 Mich. XL tires I bought this weekend.
New springs all around.(removing rear blocks and extended front hangers.)
Crossover steering
Build bumpers with winches.
Aux fuel tank in spare tire spot.
Cut fenders to keep truck as low as possible with 38" tires
Some sort of camper in the bed
Offroad lighting

Here are some crappy cell phone pics, I promise I'll get better ones when the weather isn't as snowy.

Picking up the truck
93intow.jpg

Mocked up with 11r16s
93mock.jpg

Tires New 11.00R16 Michelin xl
11r16xl.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz