Stock or near stock vehicles

Wolvee

Adventurer
You have 250 springs on that? did you add new torsions too?

No, the actual 7700/F250LD torsion bars from Ford have been discontinued and the junk yards have all dried up. The next best thing is using Chevy/GMC 2500HD Diesel torsion bars. I won't put those on until I Add the big steel brush bumper.

mortonm

Expedition Leader
No, the actual 7700/F250LD torsion bars from Ford have been discontinued and the junk yards have all dried up. The next best thing is using Chevy/GMC 2500HD Diesel torsion bars. I won't put those on until I Add the big steel brush bumper.

Have you tried sway a way? They make aftermarket torsion bars that are beefier. I have a set on my Xterra

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Right on. Love the ford bud! nice clean and simple. My folks had a 2002 King ranch, I wish I bought it off them. But at that time we had 7 of that body style and were sort of sick of them. Now, I think its the best ford has released. I am trying to get a 2002 lariat that a friend of the family has. zero rust on it which is rare here.

luckyjoe

Adventurer
attachment.php

1995 RRC LWB, completely stock, 50k original miles. Lotta life left in this puppy...

AFBronco235

Crew Chief
Here is my stock 91' Bronco following a modded jeep up and down some mud trails at a local park I've found. Funny how a stock Bronco is more capable than many modded jeeps I found there.
[video]https://youtu.be/eR6kaJRytQ4[/video]

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
Here is my stock 91' Bronco following a modded jeep up and down some mud trails at a local park I've found. Funny how a stock Bronco is more capable than many modded jeeps I found there.
[video]https://youtu.be/eR6kaJRytQ4[/video]

F bombs do not get you unstuck....just an fyi

JBThompson

Adventurer
My truck will be keeping a fairly stock appearance with stock wheels and hiding the winch behind the stock bumper, mostly just to avoid unwanted attention, and partly because I prefer a factory look.

Lykos

Super Trucker
I've went round and round in my head over this decision. And I've decided my 96 Suburban it's staying pretty much stick other than a leveling kit and some 17" factory take off wheels and trailer tires.

A skilled driver in a stick vehicle will take you many more places than an unskilled driver in a high dollar modified vehicle.

Mccool

Observer
My truck is near stock. A slightly larger set of all terrains with better shocks and a fridge is all I've done. I do plan on adding a camper shell soon.

I'm much more concerned with the adventure than I am the truck. I'll hike, bike or kayak the trail, I don't need my truck to do it.

I don't have many pictures of it.

Last edited:

Bikemobile

Adventurer
This last winter I decided to add a spacer lift to my Jeep after a couple of rough trails last August. I banged up my skid plates more than I could stomach. A dented engine skid coming down Yankee Boy Basin. It was more about poor tire placement.
This was the apex of "stock" pre-lift kit.
photo_zps5d83fe01.jpg

The lift has opened a can of worms of worn and noisy suspension parts. Ive fixed all the problems but sometimes I wish I would have left it stock. It wheels great, looks cool and drives good. But the paranoid planner in me makes me overanalyze every knock clunk and pop I hear now.

After lift in Moab:
10468663_10202479236502381_793188167288631828_n.jpg

The superchips was a great upgrade. It improved the driveability significantly and brought my avg mpg back up to 19-20.

While it is nice to know that I have all the skids, a lift, and good tires I still wish all these parts were on something with a a crewcab and a pickup bed. No payments and heated seats seem to keep it in my driveway though.

Last edited:

XJLI

Adventurer
8a6Pxgo.jpg

95 D1, just about to roll to 140k. One size bigger tire (245/75-16), HD steering (bent the stock stuff) and diff guards front and rear. Oh, and a magnaflow exhaust because even though its slow, this is my first V8 that I've owned. It does what I ask. I like posting this picture:

HuPm59p.png

Why stock? Well, with a lift I'd want bigger tires (obviously). With the larger tires, I'd want to regear. If I'm regearing, I'm going to upgrade to at least one locker. If I get a locker, I'll need HD shafts. See where this is going? I've been down that road with my Jeeps, don't want to do that with this one. I would like to get a winch bumper one day, just to have the piece of mind that I can self-recover if my right foot writes a check this truck can't cash and I get stuck. It doesn't really get wheeled hard much anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior