2013 Ford Raptor SuperCrew build

Big50

Adventurer
Wasn't sure where to post this but I figured my build thread would work haha.

We've finalized our run schedule for 2016 through August. For US runs we're doing a club format. We'll also be doing at least 2 Baja trips. First is scheduled for May 12-16. Any make and model is welcome as long as they have been modified to the level of a stock Raptor and meet our minimum truck prep requirements. To learn more you can head to the EXO site: http://www.expeditionxoffroad.com/

23641024865_0d66ba7f3f_b.jpg

Big50

Adventurer
Couple pics from our last club outing. Had an absolute blast offroading from Victorville to Vegas and back with some amazing people. The truck continues to perform great. Put 700 offroad miles on it over the weekend. Truck currently has 41,000 miles with about half being offroad which is a ton. Finally getting some wear issues. My steering rack needs to be replaced and the steering wheel is loose so need to dig into that. All in all I love this truck. I continue to beat the crap out of it and it just keeps on going.

Anyhow here's some pics!

Untitled by Expedition X Offroad, on Flickr

IMG_2949 by Expedition X Offroad, on Flickr

IMG_3004 by Expedition X Offroad, on Flickr

IMG_3628 by Expedition X Offroad, on Flickr

My buddies full Prerunner:

IMG_2888 by Expedition X Offroad, on Flickr

And Rogue Racing's new J-arm front longtravel - rear cantilever 2015 F150 Prerunner:

IMG_3022 by Expedition X Offroad, on Flickr

Big50

Adventurer
Thanks! Can't get enough of your adventures. That '15 looks amazing too.

Thank you kind sir.

Decided to upgraded my lighting to the new flex lights from KC. The chinese bar was just not cutting it. Plus, a couple LED's went out. Upsetting as I spent $700 on it because it was supposed to be a "high quality" Chinese bar. Also, decided to go in a different direction than my previous bumper. Overall, I love the new look. Cleaner and meaner in my humble opinion :biggrin:

Here's a few pics:

front by Expedition X Offroad, on Flickr

bumper2 by Expedition X Offroad, on Flickr

bumper 5 by Expedition X Offroad, on Flickr

bumper6 by Expedition X Offroad, on Flickr

bumper4 by Expedition X Offroad, on Flickr

JeepTreeHouse

Adventurer
Decided to remove the Gobi as well? Any specific reason for that?

Also, I may have missed it, but how do you like the BFG M/T for your application of a lot of high speed stuff? I have them on my 4runner and love them, but have been toying with the idea on the raptor when I upgrade from the BFG A/T's.

Big50

Adventurer
Decided to remove the Gobi as well? Any specific reason for that?

Also, I may have missed it, but how do you like the BFG M/T for your application of a lot of high speed stuff? I have them on my 4runner and love them, but have been toying with the idea on the raptor when I upgrade from the BFG A/T's.

Just playing with the looks of the truck. I plan to put it back at some point.

The MT's do pretty well for an aggressive tire. They don't chunk as bad as other MT's do in this application. Overall, happy with them. The Falken wildpeaks are probably the best I've ran for desert use. Light, bullet proof, and better for drifting. But it's hard to resist the aggressive look of the MT haha. I may try the new street legal 37" general grabbers next.

Big50

Adventurer
Few pics from the last outing. Covered some amazing terrain over 2 days. Just short of 600 off-road miles. Not many mods planned as I'm very happy with the way the truck is working. Loving the new KC Flex lights - so much better than the old "high end" chinese lights i had before.

Getting the truck ready for a 5 day trip across the Baja peninsula in 2 weeks. I can hardly wait! Been pretty hard to keep my mind on work as the dates get closer.

IMG_5193 by Expedition X Offroad, on Flickr

IMG_4893 by Expedition X Offroad, on Flickr

IMG_4579 by Expedition X Offroad, on Flickr

IMG_4790 by Expedition X Offroad, on Flickr

IMG_4854 by Expedition X Offroad, on Flickr

IMG_4867 by Expedition X Offroad, on Flickr

IMG_5002 by Expedition X Offroad, on Flickr

IMG_5005 by Expedition X Offroad, on Flickr

Madmaxwell87

Observer
Where in Baja are you going? My dream is to spend a few weeks down there camping from secluded beach to secluded beach. Gotta make some additions to the Ex before that can happen though.

Big50

Adventurer
Looks great as always

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Thanks Raul!

Where in Baja are you going? My dream is to spend a few weeks down there camping from secluded beach to secluded beach. Gotta make some additions to the Ex before that can happen though.

Sounds like my dream as well. Time is the biggest challenge for me.

We'll be offroading from Tecate into Ensendada, then on to San Quentín where we'll stay at the Old Mill. Best margaritas and tacos there, plus the owner (Javier) is awesome! We'll then cross over the peninsula to San Felipe where we'll spend 2 nights.

Can hardly wait! Spent the weekend wrapping up everything for Baja.

Started by picking up the tires and chase trailer. Wheels are not for my truck but my buddies prerunner

https://vimeo.com/165955457

Then we went down to the tire shop to mount the new Falken Wildpeak MT's. Super excited about these tires and getting Falken on board as a sponsor. I've ran their AT's and they were bullet proof. Frankly should have continued to run them but I wanted an MT so gave the BFG's a shot. They we were fine but I ended up with 2 flats over the life of the set which is 2 more than I got with the falken's.

Having some fun trying to get the tires on my buddies beadlocks haha

https://vimeo.com/165955809

Really pleased with the new look. The gray in the KMC's really looks good with the gray in the fender flares IMO.

d5256197e60e0cf26a03e84684a21ada.jpg

6f4139467efac9367e66dbe0bc1485e5.jpg

Last edited:

Bushcoat

one trail at a time
How are the sidewall strength of the falken in comparison to red label grabbers? I've often bought bfg a/t based on sidewall strength, after seeing an unmounted general grabber I bought a set for my wife's truck. Nice tire but the tread block spacing makes a bit of a rough/loud ride, no complaints about them though, just a little harsher than she wanted on her new truck.

Big50

Adventurer
How are the sidewall strength of the falken in comparison to red label grabbers? I've often bought bfg a/t based on sidewall strength, after seeing an unmounted general grabber I bought a set for my wife's truck. Nice tire but the tread block spacing makes a bit of a rough/loud ride, no complaints about them though, just a little harsher than she wanted on her new truck.

I have not ran the General's personally so I can't be sure. The falken's have pretty thick sidewalls - pretty much why they hold up so well. I put a set of the AT's on the wife's 4runner and she has not complained of a harsh ride. I think they ride fine on mine. It's tough though with this stuff - the definition of what is rough can be different for each person.

Big50

Adventurer
Baja was a blast! The nice thing about Baja is it is always better than you think it will be, even if you've been there several times already. Just love it down there. Got to bring my pops on this trip which was a nice treat.

My buddy Matt did a great job on the video if you ask me haha.

Still working on a formal trip report but here are some pics. Truck did great btw. Only damage was a passenger side sideview mirror. Broke the glass when I hit a bush and slammed the mirror shut.

thumb_IMG_5612_1024 by EXO Baja, on Flickr

thumb_IMG_5618_1024 by EXO Baja, on Flickr

thumb_IMG_5728_1024 by EXO Baja, on Flickr

thumb_IMG_5877_1024 by EXO Baja, on Flickr

thumb_IMG_5930_1024 by EXO Baja, on Flickr

thumb_IMG_5949_1024 by EXO Baja, on Flickr

thumb_IMG_6975_1024 by EXO Baja, on Flickr

thumb_IMG_6983_1024 by EXO Baja, on Flickr

thumb_IMG_6999_1024 by EXO Baja, on Flickr

Moooooooo...ve over haha

thumb_IMG_7010_1024 by EXO Baja, on Flickr

thumb_IMG_7090_1024 by EXO Baja, on Flickr

thumb_IMG_7160_1024 by EXO Baja, on Flickr

Bushcoat

one trail at a time
I have not ran the General's personally so I can't be sure. The falken's have pretty thick sidewalls - pretty much why they hold up so well. I put a set of the AT's on the wife's 4runner and she has not complained of a harsh ride. I think they ride fine on mine. It's tough though with this stuff - the definition of what is rough can be different for each person.

Sorry, thought I remembered generals on your truck. My imagination maybe? My bad.

Love to see Baja pics, your truck looks great again. One of those years I'll make it down there.

engineerd

Desk Jockey
Baja was a blast! The nice thing about Baja is it is always better than you think it will be, even if you've been there several times already. Just love it down there. Got to bring my pops on this trip which was a nice treat.

My buddy Matt did a great job on the video if you ask me haha.

Still working on a formal trip report but here are some pics. Truck did great btw. Only damage was a passenger side sideview mirror. Broke the glass when I hit a bush and slammed the mirror shut.

thumb_IMG_5612_1024 by EXO Baja, on Flickr

Is that a Rally Fighter? Looks like it was a great trip!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste