2013 Ford Raptor SuperCrew build

r3run33

Adventurer
hello hey in that last pic the 5th raptor has a light bar attached to roof/windshield; any info on that??? thanks

r3run33

Adventurer
thanks and especially for the link will send them an email!

hey question for ya; have you had any issues with the 4 wheel drive system?? I think they call it the IWF for the vacuum and stuff? Friend from down the street has a 2014 which has about 10K miles very light off road duty but truck is in shop now for all sorts of stuff. $wheel drive is popping out when in 4hi has a clicking sound also. Recommendation from another forum told him its the Ford system and is know for issues. Any after market fix you may know of?? We are here in the north east USA (the rust belt). thanks

TSAdventurez

Blogger/Adventurer
I had the same problem on my truck. As far as I know the same exact system is used on all the f150 trucks starting in 2004 and an older version was used before that. It consists of a plastic gear ring air vacuum hoses, a solenoid and a rubber diaphragm. They are weak and prone to breaking especially when they get wet mine lasted 100,000 miles because it was not wheeled very hard before then. The raptor has the same system installed on it and as far as I know the only aftermarket solution is manual locking hubs which you need special rims for. The key to keeping them happy is staying out of water, deep mud and if you go into deep water or deep mud blowing them out with an air hose.

Sent from my communications device by Taptalk

TSAdventurez

Blogger/Adventurer
The IWE cost around 150 each from ford and the solenoid costs 25 they are relatively easy to change
(Sorry for Thread Hijacking)

Sent from my communications device by Taptalk

Last edited:

r3run33

Adventurer
thanks a bunch; he is really pushing me to try to get one so he has a travel buddy question for ya i know you said yours was at 100K from your travels with other raptors how many others have had this problem? do you think this is the actual weakest link for the truck?

Big50

Adventurer
The IWE problem is not that common on the 2010-2011's. They have an open front diff. In 2012 Ford added a torsion front diff which has pretty much been the cause of most of the IWE problems on the Raptors. It's also not a good idea to adjust the shocks to anything over 1.5-2 inches over stock. A lot of guys who set theirs to 3-3.5" ran into a lot of problems. Not a problem for the 2010's and 11's because they have an open diff.

I have 16,000 miles on my 13 with roughly 4000 miles being offroad. 4000 is a ton of offroad miles and I haven't had any problems yet. However, much of my driving is done in 2wd with the locker engaged. I only use 4wd when it's needed...sandy hill climb, steep washout to climb etc.

Big50

Adventurer
Just got back from a crazy run...covered 430 offroad miles Saturday and passed through 3 states. Started in Palm Springs and passed through Blyth AZ, Needles CA, Oatman AZ, Laughlin NV, and finished in Las Vegas. Hit powerline road from Vegas to Barstow Sunday. All said and done did 560 miles in 2 days.

IMG_2684 by Big5050, on Flickr

Big50

Adventurer
Went out on another great run over the weekend. We covered 300 offroad miles and shared stories around the camp fire. I love this truck haha!

Also, I've got nearly 19,000 miles on the Falken Wildpeaks of which 3000 are offroad, and 2000 towing a 6000 travel trailer. Not one flat and the tires are probably around 30%-40%. They aren't as sexy looking as some other tires but they are pretty much bullet proof and they're one of the more affordable tires on the market.

All loaded up with camping gear for 3 people

15015658919_ff71b5b07e_h.jpg

[url=https://flic.kr/p/p7Z81p]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/p7Z3me]

The rest of the photo's from our adventure can be found here: [url]http://www.raptorexpeditions.com/pony-express-run/

Last edited:

Big50

Adventurer
^^^Thank you sir. I really enjoyed this last trip, it was one of our shorter runs so it allowed us more social time which was great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94