Mantec Bridging Ladders

carbon60

Explorer
Very, very nice. I think I would want something without the middle joint and aluminum for sure.

I wish I could do that kind of work.

A.

Nick-Daddy

Anybody know how to get them in North America? Sent them an email but received no response. Alternativly anybody have a good design for a bridging ladder that works well in sand and gravel as well they I can have a shop build for me?

Thanks

I ordered 2 sets (4 Ladders) of Mantec Bridging Ladders (Part # 712-BDGALL) today from Rovers North. Each pair cost $486.68 * 2 = $973.36 total plus shipping (Around $65-75 from Vermont to Phoenix, Arizona). Rovers North should receive the Bridging Ladders on August 26, so I should have them early September.
Mantec responded to my email inquiry about load rating stating: "The bridging ladders we do are designed from the outset to take the weight of a fully laden Defender 110, this would equate to about 3500 KG's per pair."
Load Rating: 3500 KG = 7716 LBS
Dimensions: 1.50 Meters x 390 mm = 4'10" Length x 15" Width
Weight: 18 KG = 40 LBS (Not sure if weight is per ladder, or per pair. I am guessing per pair)
Product #: 712-BDGALL
I will post pictures of the bridging ladders in use on my 2014 Ford Raptor (appr. 7000 lbs loaded) once I receive them.
Hopefully this helps!

Last edited:

Nick-Daddy

Mantec Bridging Ladder Dimensions: 1.50 Meters x 390 mm = 4'10" Length x 15" Width
The stock Ford Raptor tires are BF Goodrich All Terrain 315/70R17.
12.4 inches wide
34.3 inches tall
I wish the Bridging Ladders were a little wider, so I am hoping they'll work ok. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!

Nick-Daddy

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
Here is what I have been working on for the last few months:
Each bridging ladder is four feet long and they connect as in the above photos to become an 8 foot span.
They also work great for traction, for example to get the front end out of a muddy rut to make a corner:
and when my pickup couldn't make it up a snowy, muddy hill on the way to our cabin:
These ramps are made out of steel but I am working on an aluminum design to cut down on weight.
WOW that is a great design. :Wow1:
I really like the 'hump' design. That and the cables give a super truss layout..outstanding!
How are the cables tightened ? Do they self-tighted as you connected the two ladders together, or is there an adjustment after assembly?
The takedown feature is great also.
I'd sure like to hear more about them, either in this thread, or a dedicated thread.

Jeremy P.

Adventurer
The cables were pre-made to the correct length and pinned at the end. I also made a roof frame that the ramps attach to (visible in one of my pictures). I have lots of changes that I am making to them and I think I mentioned before that I am working on designing them out of aluminum. I should hopefully have more time to work on them since I left my job at the beginning of July in order to make some changes in life. I am definitely excited about developing these further and hopefully turning them into a practical product with some other extra features built in.

The steel ones are about 25 pounds each, and it looks like the aluminum ones will probably end up around 16 pounds each. I have done a bit of testing using the steel ones for bridging with my Chevrolet 2500HD with duramax engine and they held up great. Also my 4runner in the pictures is about 5200 pounds empty.

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
The cables were pre-made to the correct length and pinned at the end. I also made a roof frame that the ramps attach to (visible in one of my pictures). I have lots of changes that I am making to them and I think I mentioned before that I am working on designing them out of aluminum. I should hopefully have more time to work on them since I left my job at the beginning of July in order to make some changes in life. I am definitely excited about developing these further and hopefully turning them into a practical product with some other extra features built in.

The steel ones are about 25 pounds each, and it looks like the aluminum ones will probably end up around 16 pounds each. I have done a bit of testing using the steel ones for bridging with my Chevrolet 2500HD with duramax engine and they held up great. Also my 4runner in the pictures is about 5200 pounds empty.
Great. How heavy is your 2500HD?
My 'expo' vehicle is a Fuso FG so 10k empty and 12k all-up, so not a light rig. I think your design is outstanding and would work great in different weight classes depending on material.
Please keep us updated.

Nick-Daddy

I just received my first pair of Mantec Bridging Ladders. These are certainly not the best pictures of the ladders in use, but you get the idea. I wanted to use them on a small rut in case they couldn't support the weight of my truck.

Raptor.jpg
Raptor 2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior