Poor Man's Earthroamer? Xpedition?

Sock Puppet

Adventurer
I ended up buying one! Just got back from a 5000 mile journey home... (I wandered a lot).

I found a 2001 Dodge Xplorer Xcursion 6BT. It's the shorter one, 21' So no rear bedroom. But perfect for two people. These Xplorers are rare as hens teeth. The owner I bought it from (original owner) estimated they had built maybe a dozen 21ers. Maybe 20 of the longer 25ers. The fit and finish is far superior to any Class C out there... minus the EarthRoamer. The ER is superior but way way way more expensive. I plan to do 3" lift, 6-speed conversion, bumpers, and a similar tire/wheel to the Nitro Gear rig.

Sounds nice! Congrats!

Tesoro

I wouldnt call it a poor mans earth roamer...Its just a different rig geared more for mild adventure rv'ing but with full amenities and space. I have a second gen version 06/07 26ft long (bumper to bumper) F550 4x4 Xcursion w/slide out. I am pretty sure I will be selling mine before too long incase anyone is interested. Boat/fish/camp is all what we do now and I cant tow triples in Oregon! So I either have to invent a street legal 'all in one' small pickup boat carrier/launcher or switch over to a cabover camper truck combo so I have a rig to drive around and launch boat while camping. IMG_6324.jpg

Xplorerxcursion

Yes, Have one for sale on Ebay 2000 4x4 Xplorer Xcursion DODGE Cummins diesle

Yes, believe there were only 20 made. They were custom made. That means you had to come up with the cash before they would build and then you could order what you wanted. We have a deluxe unit we are selling on Ebay. There are lots of pictures . If you want to see more , please send email and I will send you a drop box link. Asking $42,500. Can be seen in Northern Vermont or Ontario. Can be registered in either country.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne