What did you do to your Full Size today?

Luckychase5

Adventurer
Great thread. Does last week count?

Replaced the glow plug relay so the thang'll start when it's cold.

View attachment 210938

View attachment 210939

View attachment 210940

Installed a set of 8" KC lights I picked up off Amazon for 282 bucks. (Note the brutal workin' conditions on the shore of Lake Mead.)
View attachment 210941

And then while makin' a high-speed baja run 'cross the desert to get from the Mountain Springs Saloon to the Pioneer Saloon I busted the crap outta my grossly overloaded Aluminess spare tire carrier.

View attachment 210942

View attachment 210943

Folks at Aluminess have been great. Already lined up to drop the rig off at their shop so they can design and build a new version that'll handle the weight load of my 140 lb spare and my 30 lb bike ... and my drivin' style. Cheers to 'em. :beer:

Love the "shop" location! Awesome looking spot for some work on the rig

MagnutsWJ

Observer
Added a bestop supertop canopy. Love it so far!

agu9utu5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daddyusmaximus

Explorer
I used mine to trail break my sister-in-law through the headlight high snow drifts in her driveway. My entire undercarriage and radiator packed with white stuff... still didn't get through. Lockers worked great, mud tires in snow, not so much. Now I want a set of tire chains. Plow truck a friend has had to back up and hit it a dozen times, but we opened the drive.

Wh1t3nukle

I gotz dis
Yeah, they wouldn't have accounted for that much dynamic acceleration... lol

And then while makin' a high-speed baja run 'cross the desert to get from the Mountain Springs Saloon to the Pioneer Saloon I busted the crap outta my grossly overloaded Aluminess spare tire carrier.

View attachment 210942

View attachment 210943

Folks at Aluminess have been great. Already lined up to drop the rig off at their shop so they can design and build a new version that'll handle the weight load of my 140 lb spare and my 30 lb bike ... and my drivin' style. Cheers to 'em. :beer:

I finished my lower long arm build and mounted some 37" meats as the stepping stone to the Ford HP60 swap in the fall.

These welds are by a good friend of mine. I don't have enough arc time to get this good.

PART_1392494360287_zpsraehmqt6.jpeg

PART_1392494360863_zpspu1gg2q2.jpeg

IMG_20140217_131011_230_zpsoqlwq5at.jpg

IMG_20140217_131003_317_zps11tx6pg6.jpg

IMG_20140217_130721_613_zpsoay2tbiw.jpg

Luckychase5

Adventurer
I finished my lower long arm build and mounted some 37" meats as the stepping stone to the Ford HP60 swap in the fall.

These welds are by a good friend of mine. I don't have enough arc time to get this good.

PART_1392494360287_zpsraehmqt6.jpeg

PART_1392494360863_zpspu1gg2q2.jpeg

IMG_20140217_131011_230_zpsoqlwq5at.jpg

IMG_20140217_131003_317_zps11tx6pg6.jpg

IMG_20140217_130721_613_zpsoay2tbiw.jpg

Looks great! Did you build your links as well? What did you make it out of?

Wh1t3nukle

I gotz dis
Thanks Luckychase5.

Yes I built my links. The uppers were previously the lowers. Smashed up the factory ones.

I had a friend weld up the long lowers and the brackets for this part of the build.

2"x2"x.25" square tube is the link material

Looks great! Did you build your links as well? What did you make it out of?

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Getting the transmission rebuilt......again.......so, while its in the shop I made a shopping list for it.

Sent from my A210 using Tapatalk

Halligan

Adventurer
I had the gauge cluster from my wife's Z71 Tahoe rebuilt because the fuel and tachometer had stopped working. Today it arrived via Fed-Ex so I reinstalled it. While the truck was down with no cluster I also fixed the rear HVAC that was not working properly. I also pampered the finish with a clay bar and 2 coats of wax. The truck was bought new by me and almost 11 years later it's in great shape. A little rust on the rear doors by the pinch weld but thats it after 11 New England winters. Definitely the best vehicle I've ever owned.

Also washed all of the road salt of my Ram 2500.

Rot Box

Explorer
Resealing my power steering pump as preventative maintenance. Gonna change some hoses as well. So far it's been an easy job..

Installed the Alpine stereo unit my beautiful wife gave me for Christmas. It replaced the crappy Pioneer I had installed by Cheech and Chong at the Up in Smoke Stereo Store. :sombrero:

Luckychase5

Adventurer
Thanks Luckychase5.

Yes I built my links. The uppers were previously the lowers. Smashed up the factory ones.

I had a friend weld up the long lowers and the brackets for this part of the build.

2"x2"x.25" square tube is the link material

How far did that push the axle foreword using the lowers for uppers? Did it center the wheel in the wheel well? I see a lot of aftermarket links that move the axle foreword a few inches for that effect. What did you use for your ends? Still bushing style or something else? Looking to do something similar. Sorry for all the questions, cheers!

On second look I see what you used for your ends, where did you get those if I may ask?

Wh1t3nukle

I gotz dis
I pushed about 1.5" forward. Depending on how you look at it, it's centered with respect to the tire size.

Frame joints are Metal Cloak duroflex 1.25" shank diameter adjustable, RH and LH

Axle side are Ruff Stuff 1.25" rod ends also 1.25" shank diameter adjustable, RH and LH

PM me if you'd like more details so we don't come off cluttering this thread's intent. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz