Solar panel setup.

cliniford

Observer
I'm currently planning to do a 100w solar panel on top of my topper. Just wondering if anybody else has done similar and how it has worked out for you. If you have pictures and or how you hooked things up would be cool.
My idea is to have a completely seperate 3rd battery on my 03' Dodge CTD for fridge, lights, fan, and radio etc. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

1stDeuce

Explorer
I put solar on my Truck camper. I went with an 85 watt panel because it was lighter and smaller and I figured it was still way overkill. It has been working awesome!! No more worries about drained house battery even after dry camping for days. I'm not running a 12v fridge, but I camp in the cold and the heater runs quite a bit, so probably about the same overall draw. I think you'd probably be fine with a smaller panel, but with the cloudy WA weather, a little extra won't hurt. I'm running a Group 31 gell cell that I got from OReilly's for about $200 and it works awesome as well. More details in my camper thread below.
Chris

java

Expedition Leader
Here is mine, dont mind the dirty roof.... 2 100W panels. I think the charger I used sucks, it stops charging at ~12.56 volts. But keeps them there well.

7smo.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior