Dumb question....windows xp program in a tablet?

DesertSand05

Observer
I just got an ipod mini with 64gb, got 64gb with the idea that it can be used for road trips too.

After combing these message boards for a few hours (BTW, they are awesome and very helpful, great info), a stupid question popped in to my head. Do any of the windows tablets run older windows xp programs?

I have an old awesome Nation Geographic program that I love, its a decade old, but does everything i could want. Is there a windows tablet that could run it?

xicofixas

the surface pro might run it, but i wouldn't recommend it, that program might not work well on a touch screen or not work well with windows 8, and for the price of a surface pro you can buy a top end android tablet and use one of many apps that are great for that.

evldave

Expedition Trophy Winner
Nearly all windows tablets will run nearly all windows xp programs. Topo works just fine and while it is a bit funky with touch controls, I've been using it on a touchscreen tablet for 5+ years with a lot of success

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

DesertSand05

Observer
Awesome, thanks for the reply. May have to invest in one now.

Love my ipad, but miss running what I want. So many favorites aren't available in IOS or android.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I have a dell venue pro 11 on its way. I am buying the Delorme USB GPS unit. What is this n.g. program you are talking about?

Sent from my A210 using Tapatalk

kojackJKU

Cool. Do you know if they ever made that for Canada. I would try to find it for sale.

evldave

Expedition Trophy Winner
Never made it for Canada, but Delorme makes Topo North America and that's a solid option

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

kojackJKU

Yeah. Been eyeballing that setup for my dell tablet. For 100 bucks including gps module I think I'm dropping the coin for it asap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz