Popping in and out of 4HI, troubleshooting help please

NatersXJ6

Explorer
Hmmm....

Did you check to see if your axle housing was actually allowing oil to the bearings? I would play "what is more likely?" on dead bearing due to no oil versus a heep wonder-seal.

It seems there may be more investigating due...

Pictures?

Nate

TACTICALJEEP

Observer
Did you check to see if your axle housing was actually allowing oil to the bearings? I would play "what is more likely?" on dead bearing due to no oil versus a heep wonder-seal.

It seems there may be more investigating due...

Pictures?

Nate
no nate, sorry, no pictures. I wish I would have but it's taken me a year to get this far...I have a 2yr old so I don't get to wrench as often as I like. On the bearing issue, you are correct on the oiling issue. the passage behind the front slinger that feeds the rear pinion bearing was blocked but I cleaned it out with a jeep special tool...clothes hanger!

NatersXJ6

Explorer
Heh... Heh...

I understand. You get more garage time one the kid is old enough to ride a Razor Scooter around the garage while you work...

Glad you checked the oil passages. Having Series Rovers has thought me to suspect any part NOT leaking oil.

Glad you found the issue.

TACTICALJEEP

Observer
Heh... Heh...

I understand. You get more garage time one the kid is old enough to ride a Razor Scooter around the garage while you work...

Glad you checked the oil passages. Having Series Rovers has thought me to suspect any part NOT leaking oil.

Glad you found the issue.

yea, he's getting pretty good...he just learned "righty-tighty...lefty loosey"...although his pronunciation of "loosey" sounds a lot like...well...you know. lol, yea...my philosophy has always been "if it isn't leaking...it must be empty"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94