You have to be kidding me

southpier

Expedition Leader
one of the benefits of using a credit card for these types of purchases. unfortunately, labor is seldom reimbursed. think of it as tuition.

spikemd

Explorer
Glad to hear you got your money back and a better system. I know that GoalZero is more expensive but the plug n play aspect of the system is worth it to me. They also have great customer service if you need help. I have been very pleased with all my GZ products and they are interchangeable with simple adapters.

teotwaki

Excelsior!
The batteries have slowly drained. The digital readout on the controller has only ever shown 2amps and 24 volts in direct, bright sunlight. The batteries were at 12.7 volts, now only 11.85 volts. I hope it has not ruined my batteries. I need someone to recharge them correctly but I am in Flagstaff, which has proven to be an automotive wasteland so far. If you can't find it at Home Depot or Napa, it doesn't exist. The part that really pisses me off is Solar Blvd's attempt to bull$hit me with the car battery comment and unwillingness to help. This has gone on for weeks now. All they seem to know is how to process credit cards.

That 24 volt report concerns me. A lot of charge controllers have max input voltages that are not to be exceeded. If it was a dual voltage controller (12v & 24v) I wonder if it tried to charge the 12v batteries at a 24 volt rate. I wish you were near me in Orange County. This should have been easy to sort out if all of the components were new and functional. My 60 watt panel on my trailer easily charges the dual deep cycle batteries in the nose box.

The CTEK 250S is a great unit. I have had one in the 4Runner for a while and think it is great. BE VERY CAREFUL as it has a maximum input voltage of 23 volts. What panels do you have and what are the specs?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior