Simple Shower

Geodoc

Adventurer
Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I've got some other ones I'd like to include, but since I'm in the start-up mode (i.e., cash strapped and on a shoestring budget) it'll be a while before I can get to them all.

Also, thanks to all that are buying them. Be sure to pick one airtube and stay with it (constant switching will wear out the airtube hole).

Rbertalotto, I actually did a test by painting a 1 liter bottle black on one side, and the temperature got up to 110F (a bit warm for my taste, and above what we recommend).

A good way to check the temperature is to pick up the bottle - if it's too hot to hold comfortably, it's far too hot to use. If you can hold it comfortably, splash a little on the inside of your wrist (just like checking a baby bottle).

stockwell45

Why am I not outside?
Geodoc, Just got mine the other day, I'll test it out this weekend!

So when you say stick with one airtube, I'm guessing that means don't remove the airtube at all if unless absolutely necessary?

austintaco

Explorer
Pulled the trigger too. Between quick rinse offs or pet showers, I know I can find a use for this. I like the Zodiac extreme, but I don't like the setup if we want to get on the road.
Your product is simple and priced correctly. Good luck with your venture.

doug720

Expedition Leader
I tried mine yesterday and am quite impressed with it! Simple, lite and easy to use, what more can you ask. Plus, the size is variable by changing bottles by switching the included vents lines. I plan to keep mine in the 60 all the time as I can see many uses.

Great idea and good luck with it!

Doug

Geodoc

Adventurer
Stockwell and Doug, stick with one tube. There's a flange in the nipple hole that will wear out if you constantly switch them.

I recommend using the short tube (it's designed for a 1 liter bottle) if you plan on switching between 1 and 2 liter bottles. It won't be quite as efficient with the 2 liter bottle at first, but it works fine after a couple of seconds. If you know you're only going to use 2 liter bottles, I recommend using the long tube.

Thanks for the kind words Doug (read them out loud to my wife who said "cool") :wings:

Thanks for the words of encouragement austintaco (my wife initially referred to it as my "hairbrained idea").

Geodoc

Adventurer
Reflectix wrapped bucket - Copy.JPG I think I figured out why I couldn't attach the image of the reflectix lined 5 gallon bucket - it was too large. Let's see if this works.

robgendreau

Explorer
Is that tube basically a siphon? so it flows via gravity?

I convert those pop bottles to pressure bottles with tire valves, and then fill with CO2 at pressure to make fizzy water. Beats buying it, and storing it, and way cheaper than Sodastream. If I left one out in the sun so the CO2 came out of solution, and gave a quick shake or two, I'd have quite a powerful little water jet with this thing I expect. With the nozzle on are they capped, or always open to the air? Looks like it's open. In any case now I have another use for those damn bottles besides the soda water; love when something has multiple uses...and is cheap.

Great idea. Beats my garden sprayer solution (although at $10 it's the same price).

Rob

Geodoc

Adventurer
The tube serves to admit air to the bottle displacing the water that flows out of the small holes in the cap. It's always open (so don't expect a bottle that's knocked over to contain the water - use the regular cap for that).

Ghost65

Allergic to Pavement
Just ordered two...that way my finacee and I can shower each other. :camping:

Great idea...running the Mojave Road in April and these will come in VERY handy.

Geodoc

Adventurer
TMI DzrtX :Wow1:

Let me know how it works in the dusty areas (I believe you'll actually save bathing water - at least that's what I've designed it for).

Geodoc

Adventurer
Just found out inventory is running low and the UPS van never showed up to replenish my stock (when I called UPS they told me I needed to go into town and drop off my package - yeah, like the store will be open after 5:30 PM :mad:). So, those ordering now, be advised, I'll get a bunch off to Amazon in the morning (there are still several left, though). And thanks to all of you who have purchased a Simple Shower! Hopefully I'll get to meet a couple at the PNW Rally!

Geodoc

Adventurer
Not to worry Jr. Explorer. I'll be sending a couple of case out tomorrow. You could try one of the retailers listed on the website for one.

Ghost65

Allergic to Pavement
TMI DzrtX :Wow1:

Let me know how it works in the dusty areas (I believe you'll actually save bathing water - at least that's what I've designed it for).

Sorry for the "disclosure," we will get some photos (G-rated I promise) of the Simple Showers in use during our upcoming Mojave Road xcursion, late April 2014.

Sincerely looking forward to cleaner camping travels...thx Geodoc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94