Simple Shower

Geodoc

Adventurer
Shouldn't you have a video on this product uploaded to YouTube?
Will try to get one up next week (been a bit busy).

As an FYI, a customer from this weekend's fair sent me a photo of it on a standard military water can - let's see if I can upload it.

photo.jpg

Geodoc

Adventurer
I just ordered one of those cans, so hopefully I'll get it in time for the NW Overland Rally. Anyone attending, I'll have several Simple Showers set up in a variety of configurations. I'm also considering offering free showers to people wanting to test out the Simple Shower - we'll see how that works out :) (when I say free showers, I mean the use of the Simple Shower, not a free Simple Shower). I'll know more about that when I get set up and talk with Ray and the other organizers.

java

Expedition Leader
I tried it last weekend on my MWC works as above. Doesn't really screw on per say, but the threads are close enough that it goes on a couple threads and works fine that way.

Ray Hyland

Expedition Leader
I just ordered one of those cans, so hopefully I'll get it in time for the NW Overland Rally. Anyone attending, I'll have several Simple Showers set up in a variety of configurations. I'm also considering offering free showers to people wanting to test out the Simple Shower - we'll see how that works out :) (when I say free showers, I mean the use of the Simple Shower, not a free Simple Shower). I'll know more about that when I get set up and talk with Ray and the other organizers.

I love it, let's make that happen.

Do you have a shower mat like the ones that Jeremy at Expedition Ops makes?
http://www.expeditionops.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=170

That will keep the area where people shower from getting muddy.

I tested out my Simple Shower this week and I really like it, much better than just punching holes in a bottle lid.

In fact it takes a little getting used to if you are used to a lid with holes in it. The flow is so efficient that you just need to tip it over you for a few seconds to get enough water where you need it, so if you are used to the old way, you can quickly go through the whole water bottle. :)

I might bring my solar oven along to the Rally this month to warm up a bunch of bottles simultaneously, since I have a family of 5.

Geodoc

Adventurer
I made a shower mat from mahogony which fits in a mortar tub - big enough to stand on and not be standing in water or mud. I'll be bringing it with me.

Geodoc

Adventurer
Okay, my Scepter 10L can arrived, and as seen in the prior photo, it works! The threads are tight, so it's not something I would recommend putting on and taking off constantly, but the 12" air tube works so you can get a full shower.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
I used the simple shower and I think it's perfect. I'd like combine it with a rear hatch shower stall like this, but at about a third the price. http://vehiclecanopies.com

Shower curtain and bungee?

Scheming on that idea for a while myself, Tom. I think something roughly U-shaped that fits the shape of the upper door then telescopes or pivots out to extend out more would be very easy to make, then combine with a regular opaque shower curtain liner (or something exotic and lighter-weight like silnylon, etc.)

Will have to decide if/when I ever get the hot-water system installed...

Geodoc

Adventurer
NW Overland Rally!

Okay folks, now's the time to test out the Simple Shower. I'll be at the NW Overland Rally this week, and we're giving free test runs of the Simple Shower. Bring your own 2 liter bottles and you can test the Simple Shower by taking a shower for free (the test is free, not the Simple Shower:) ). We'll require a refundable deposit when you test the Simple Shower (the deposit will be the same as the cost of the Simple Shower, so if you like it, and want to keep it, you can).

Looking forward to meeting many of you!

Geodoc

Adventurer
What a great time at the NW Overland Rally :wings: I wish I could have taken more of the classes. Also wish my wife had rolled up the windows of the Cherokee when she went out on a ride - anyone ever experience that "dust in the face" moment when they first kick on the A/C?

j_rhamilton

Simple Shower = Simple Mod

JJust got 2ea in the mail from Preppers Warehouse. Tried 1 out and it works great. Being that I tend to be a bit of a miser on the water consumption when I'm camping alone, I immediately had to do a cheap mod to it. I taped off the outside holes with electrical tape. I find it still provides an excellent amount of water and pressure resulting in the shower lasting more than twice as long since the amount of drip holes was cut down by 70%. It's well worth with the extra .02 cents of electrical tape that was added to the cap to stretch out the water consumption. Thanks Geodoc !!! Its an excellent product that seems well made! WIN_20140717_202816.JPG

Attachments

• WIN_20140717_202816.JPG
    WIN_20140717_202816.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 38

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior