Freezer Fridge Slide suggestions

OverlandKyle

Adventurer
Came across an used frontrunner that's made for a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4door... Turns out it's a perfect fit in between the wheel wells and super sturdy

900740E5-11BD-43E5-B7DC-80CB385A32B9-4785-000004F80511E047_zps74d2a560.jpg

3978D2F2-1A56-4AAA-8D74-7F74A7C1F168-4510-000004CFD8D34A0A_zpsb91e8b92.jpg

Jlmo

@jlmo - quick question, it looks like you are only securing those slides in place with the built-in locking feature of the slide itself. Is that correct? Any problems with noise or rattles?

Also, do you think you need both sides of each slide to have a lock or not? If you look at my photo above, my large drawer only has one side locking. Allegis sells them in pairs like this if you want. I am trying to build a fridge slide for a friend and trying to make sure this will work out as planned!

View attachment 267675

You are correct that I only secure the slides with the built-in locks. I have not had any problems, but unfortunately I can't comment on the rattling as they are mounted in my trailer.

I am not sure how it would work out with only one side that locks. The ones I picked up are certainly sturdy. It definitely would be more convenient if I could extend the slide with only one hand. I would contact Allegis and see what they recommend.

I bet it would work with only one lock on a slide if it is the size you have pictured. The Allegis slide is rated for significantly more weight, at a greater width than what you have pictured.
Jeffrey

fireball

Explorer
Jeffrey - thanks for the quick reply. My super heavy PS drawer only has the one lock, so hopefully that will work just fine. The website you linked to has a lot better prices than Allegis, unfortunately they don't have very many size options.

IMG_2309.jpg

fireball

Explorer
I just built a custom drawer setup and fridge slide for a member of our local club. I used the allegis single locking slide, heavy duty. It works really really well. If you can mount the slides vertially, this is a much cheaper option than the ARB or other commercial slide. Plus it looks a lot better than the ARB. The one locking slide is plenty. I don't see a need to have two locking slides, just makes it more of a pain to open and close.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430684497.200520.jpg

Cost breakdown:
$124 - 32" Accuride heavy duty 500# locking slide pair
$46 - 2x 48" aluminum 2" angle from Lowe's (you can get 2x3' sticks from mcmaster a bit cheaper)
$15 - misc hardware. I used 22 t-nuts and bolts to secure the slides to the carcass and the aluminum to the slides and the plywood bottom to the aluminum
$15 - rough price for a quarter of a sheet worth of 3/4" baltic birch ply for bottom panel and drawer front
~$200.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94