Freezer Fridge Slide suggestions

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
Expo, I'm looking for recommendations on a freezer fridge slide. I would like long term suggestions is possible. I built my own in the past and it was ok, $20 in material and it got the job done. It lacked clean lines and longevity. I'll even purchase a used one if you've got one. I considered a drop slide but it won't work with the rear of my 4Runner.... a tilt slide would be could but isn't necessary either.

Using a Engel MT45

Thank You

Aaron

Moody

Needs to get out more
I went with the arb for my Engel 45. Works well. If I didn't get a stellar deal on it I would have gotten one with a slide out cutting board such as the Tembo Tusk.

NM-Frontier

Explorer
I'm in the same boat, looking to get a slide for my ARB 50qt. What I am concerned with is possible noise or rattles, the fridge is in the cab and I got enough noise coming from the drawers!
What dose every one else use? Which ones are the most quiet? Longest lasting? Heard ARB can rattle, not sure on the rest.
Thanks for any insight.:sombrero:

Dusty Grin

Observer
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Here's mine. There's room for the arb 60, a 4 gallon water tank, and even an arkpak in front. I wanted my heavy stuff on the strongest sliding unit. Slides with ease and rock solid with no rattles. And no room to spare!

ZMagic97

Explorer
I have a Tembo Tusk. I'm very impressed with the quality of it. Very sturdy, no rattles, clean look...etc. I met them at Overland Expo, their demo was a 200lbs+ guy sitting on it and bouncing on it while extended out. I have no regrets buying it.

NM-Frontier

Explorer
Dusty Grin,

That looks very nice but I don't have the space for one that big. But, I like the idea of it! You have got to post up a build in the Cruiser sections looks like you have a very nice Cruiser!:sombrero:

ZMagic97,

Thanks for the feedback! Your experience is in line with what others have said about the Tembo Tusk. Do you have the Load Spotter or the reg?

ebg18t

Adventurer
Front runner.

u4yjuva5.jpg

ese9e7y3.jpg

Ramjet

Explorer
I have the FrontRunner and it is awesome. No rattles, no jiggles. Tighter than 18 y/o on Prom Night.

ZMagic97

Explorer
Dusty Grin,

That looks very nice but I don't have the space for one that big. But, I like the idea of it! You have got to post up a build in the Cruiser sections looks like you have a very nice Cruiser!:sombrero:

ZMagic97,

Thanks for the feedback! Your experience is in line with what others have said about the Tembo Tusk. Do you have the Load Spotter or the reg?

My pleasure. I have the regular one.

Sardog1

Observer
I built (read: overbuilt) this contraption for my ARB 50qt. The 500lb slides are overkill and pricey, but high quality. I wanted the lock in / lock out feature that these offer. The only things that rattle are what's in the drawer! I really need to learn how to weld aluminum, this puppy is heavy!
image.jpg
image.jpg

fireball

Explorer
]The frontrunner seems a bit lower priced than the ARB. Any more feedback on either of these? I'm looking for one to secure a new ARB63 qt to the top of my driver side cargo drawer.

cargo area 1.JPG

Attachments

• cargo area 1.JPG
    cargo area 1.JPG
    190.9 KB · Views: 68

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne

Members online