Storage box solution? That isn't outrageously priced

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
Seriously, I'd get (because I'm looking to pick some up too) some military surplus aluminum med-pack boxes.

Last edited:

anw7405

Observer
nice! If it is built anything like the 50 gallon it should be nice. It probably does not have the weather stripping at the top seal though. That was very important for me.

bobmil

once you have the boxes, you can build a cheap way of storing them by cutting square aluminum square tubing to size and connecting them with these:
tubetop13.jpg

it prevents the boxes from sliding around and is easy to assemble and disassemble, and you can fit it perfectly to your boxes and your vehicle.

SteveG

Adventurer
http://www.frontrunneroutfitters.co...bags/front-runner-wolf-pack.html#.UwYTJXi9LCQ

These may be a good option for you, price point isn't too bad, stackable!
As long as you don't need a container that's sealed like a Pelican, I think these are hard to beat. I just bought four and love them. Big enough to fit plenty of gear but no so big you overload them and make them a pain to move. They stack very well and you can cinch down on them with rope or a tie down without distorting them, which is a key feature for me as don't like for my cargo slide around while off-road.

RangerXLT

Adventurer
I personally agree with the pelican cases if your patient. I picked up an IM3075 for $80. A 1600 for $90 (converted to a camp kitchen) [A 1620 with lid organizer for $80 and I scored two smaller cases for free. I'm a fan. Great cases.
u3e4avyb.jpg
getu3uva.jpg
a7u7a7u8.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Camelfilter

Explorer
nice! If it is built anything like the 50 gallon it should be nice. It probably does not have the weather stripping at the top seal though. That was very important for me.

I added weather stripping to some cheapo storage bins (for home-linens & such), you could likely similarly seal that Husky bin. Hmm I might have to pick one up on my way home in the am...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne