Dodge CAD Files?

Exploring Elements

Supporting Sponsor
I'm looking for a 3D line drawing file, that can be used in Solid Works, of a 2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins 4x4 ext cab short bed. Appreciate any and all help.

crismateski

American Adventurist
I have been looking for the same thing for an 06 short bed, have not found anything on google yet, but I am sure they are hidden in the depths of the internet somewhere.

Gatordoc

Adventurer
3dcadbrowser.com appears to be pay to play, unless you contribute models which are downloaded so not really suitable for recreational/hobbyist use, sadly.
Another resource that may be of use is dodge.com/bodybuilder, which the website to download data useful to aftermarket upfitters. the drawings which are provided show many of the relevant dimensions, but are 2d PDF files. HOWEVER, there is a wealth of other information in the PDFs related to electrical schematics and such.
Files currently available on the website go back to 2004, which doesn't help you, but I have to believe that they have the older files available somewhere and might be convinced to let you have a copy if you find the right person to ask.
Per this thread on the solidworks forums it is possible to get some 3d models from the OEMs, but it's unlikely you will find them floating around on the web due to the NDAs which are required to acquire the files. I have no idea what connections the posters may or may not have, so it's possible you will get nowhere by contacting the OEMs for upfitter support, but it cannot hurt to ask. The worst you'll get is a "NO!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne