NEMO Helio Pressure Shower

perkj

Explorer
Placing it in the sun for heating is not recommended by Nemo.

Nemo's statement around placing in the sun is purely from a storage perspective when not in use. They fully support using the sun to heat a helio full of water. This can be validated by contacting Nemo directly at 1-800-997-9301.

Also, straight from Nemo's website description of the Helio http://www.nemoequipment.com/product/?p=helio+pressure+shower

Sometimes what you really want to round out a perfect day of hiking or surfing is a good hot shower. The Helio™ Pressure Shower comes in a small, neatly nested kit, weighs less than a liter of water, and provides 5 to 7 minutes of steady and satisfying water pressure. Unlike conventional gravity-fed, hanging shower systems, the Helio™system uses an 11 liter welded fabric water tank pressurized by a foot pump. To use the system, you simply fill up the water tank, let it warm in the sun, set the tank on the ground, then step on the foot pump a few times. Pumping occasionally while showering maintains the water pressure. Helio™ is ideal for showering or cleaning dishes in camp, rinsing off after surfing or canyoneering, or general hygiene and cleanliness on any extended stay in the backcountry.

Last edited:

nwoods

Expedition Leader
So I have to pack a large pot to heat water in to properly use this? Thats not right...
I don't know what you consider a large pot, but the pot I typically boil my coffee/hot cocoa water in is what I use. Face it, if you are lugging a shower around, no matter how small, you aren't backpacking, so who cares if you need a cook pot to heat the water? You already have one with you!

stioc

Expedition Leader
^ I agree. In my experience heat from the sun doesn't really warm up the water in the reservoir; the water in the hose sure but that's just two spritz :)

Crom

Expo this, expo that, exp
Nemo's statement around placing in the sun is purely from a storage perspective when not in use. They fully support using the sun to heat a helio full of water. This can be validated by contacting Nemo directly at 1-800-997-9301.

Also, straight from Nemo's website description of the Helio (http://www.nemoequipment.com/product/?p=helio+pressure+shower):

Sometimes what you really want to round out a perfect day of hiking or surfing is a good hot shower. The Helio™ Pressure Shower comes in a small, neatly nested kit, weighs less than a liter of water, and provides 5 to 7 minutes of steady and satisfying water pressure. Unlike conventional gravity-fed, hanging shower systems, the Helio™system uses an 11 liter welded fabric water tank pressurized by a foot pump. To use the system, you simply fill up the water tank, let it warm in the sun, set the tank on the ground, then step on the foot pump a few times. Pumping occasionally while showering maintains the water pressure. Helio™ is ideal for showering or cleaning dishes in camp, rinsing off after surfing or canyoneering, or general hygiene and cleanliness on any extended stay in the backcountry.

LOL ! You're right. Thanks. :D

Your product link is broken, here is a working one for anyone else wanting to go read: http://www.nemoequipment.com/product/?p=helio+pressure+shower

-Cheers!

Crom

Expo this, expo that, exp
For three days in a row last week I used the Helio by warming it in the sun and it made us wonderful warm showers! Yay! ☺

Dusty Grin

Observer
I used mine for the first time last weekend and it was great. Very simple and efficient. Filled it from a creek by camp. It packs small and very light. The other people I was with used and and are buying one ASAP.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier