NEMO Helio Pressure Shower

RangerXLT

Adventurer
Active now....just confirmed.

126TAKE20

:victory:

Dang where did you score that? I was waiting for my dividend and I need to buy skids for my canoe first anyway. :/ Plus I just bought my first portable solar panel so no money for toys at the moment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nwoods

Expedition Leader
I have used one several times and it is great piece of gear. The hose is plenty long and the capacity is good enough for a shower. Only complaint I have is the carry handle is located right above the fill hole for the tank and can be in the way when filling with hot water.

I agree 100% with this. Love mine, wish the hose was a bit more kink resistant, and the handle was a bit longer so that it would push out the way when filling the resevior. Functionally, though, the Helios is hard to beat.

Montana Cruiser

Adventurer
I agree 100% with this. Love mine, wish the hose was a bit more kink resistant, and the handle was a bit longer so that it would push out the way when filling the resevior. Functionally, though, the Helios is hard to beat.

I was thinking part of the design with the handle was help keep the top from blowing open when everything is under pressure. It does make filling a little funny though.

Colonal Angus

Adventurer
Resurrecting this old post is completely necessary after spending my first weekend with the Nemo Helio. Excellent product. My usual camp hygiene routine consisted of baby wipes and/or Dr Bronners with a cup of water. I've never slept better at camp than this past weekend. I owe it all to the Helio. If you're trying to decide on a shower kit...this is it. Shop no further. Very easy to use, very good pressure and with REIs 20% off coupon...a very good price.

Love it!

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
The Helio is the key to having a shower in our new Sprinter conversion (http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/121227).

The easy part is that we have a hot water heater, so it'll be a simple matter to fill the Helio from the kitchen faucet to have warm water. Another good thing is that I have a hang-from-the-ceiling shower enclosure from the XV-JP that I can use.

The zany part is collecting the water, and though it's somewhat embarrassing to admit it, we're going to start by using this little $7 inflatable kiddie wading pool I found on-line. It takes little time to inflate, and when deflated, it doesn't take much space to store. The plan is to plop it in the empty space in front of the slider door.

And wal-lah, instant indoor shower. (Hey, it could work. :sombrero: )

Crom

Expo this, expo that, exp
I have the Helio shower and I like it. I don't like heating the water on a stove, then having to pour the water into the Helo. That part can be a pain. Shower, once filled though does work well and packs down small.

Ramjet

Explorer
Update: Huckberry.com has the Helio for 85 bucks if you haven't got one yet. I'm sure supplies are limited so act fast.

madmax718

Explorer
There are other options other than the helio- I love the helio for me, because its small portable, and not vehicle integrated. if you have power, some of the pump operated units work very well, 12v sureflo pumps. You can use any bucket of water for a source, without having to fill up the nemo hole. I have one of those as well, but the nemo is so small and easy (and easy to store, much easier to empty and dry out again vs a pump). It allows you to setup a shower further away from the vehicle. Thats the one thing I don't like about most setups, is that you shower, cook, eat, and sleep (and probably poop) within a 5 foot perimeter of your vehicle.

Ramjet

Explorer
Use a funnel

I know everyone hates filling the Helio Shower, but here is a bit of info to help make it easier than usual. Use a funnel. If you wedge it in between where the strap separates it holds it just fine and you can fill it by yourself without getting burned. With the water heater out and parts a few days out, we have been using the Helio for over a week without issue. Couple of pictures to help see what I'm talking about. Cheers.

IMG_1104.jpg

IMG_1105.jpg

stioc

Expedition Leader
I have one too, it works much better and more convenient to use than those $12 Coleman shower bags but don't expect to be blown away by it either. The pressure it puts out is adequate but not great. Still for the price, convenience and size I'll get another one if mine breaks. As for the fill plug right under the carry strap it actually doubles as a retainer for the fill plug i.e. when you pump the air in the 2nd loop on the carry strap cinches down the fill plug.

IMG_4898Custom_zpscee7b6eb.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior