Another tire question? What size tire will fit my military rims?

Trav0302

Observer
When I bought my truck it came with a set of 3 piece run flat rims. The rims measure 10" width X 17 1/2" tall. Looking for were to buy tires for these rims. I haven't been able to find a place to search by rim size any ideas? For the heck of it I'm posting some pics of the rims. 1150721_634653086565085_621202742_o.jpg

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Check on SteelSoldiers.com in the classified section.
Lots of guys selling like new tires.

also Ebay is a great place for military tires

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
These are "8 Bolt" MHHV / Hummer H1 rims. You'll want new o rings for them also. Most people ditch the runflat part and substitute in a PVC insert. Lighter and better at low pressures.

What kind of truck were these on?

98dango

Expedition Leader
Trailworthy fab has every thing you need including tiers.

You will most likely need to re center or run spacer to clear steering springs and brakes. These wheels in stock for will narrow your track width.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
IIRC the standard size tire on our HMMWVs were 37's so you can definitely run a big tire on there.

Not sure when they phased out the metal inserts, I know when I was in the Balkans ('97-'98) we had our replaced with a thick rubber disc. Quieter and safer.

Trav0302

Observer
Thanks for the info all! From what yall have told me I was able to pull up alot more information then before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online